Yesterday.... Double PB, Today... hurty legs!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
So yesterday morning, reasonably sunny and little wind I was feeling great and left home at 7.30am with the hope of beating my PB for my 18.4 mile commute, ended up smashing it but a few miles from the finish setting myself a new goalof doing it in under and hour. Sprinted (and almost did myself in) the last mile or so to finish 59 mins 54 seconds! (previous best was 1hr 6 minutes 32 seconds).

So after an easy and shortened lunch time loop of 12 miles I was a little achey and planning a nice easy slow ride home (more downhill sections and a sub 1 hour is easy... ish).

Then after all the nice downhill bits with a strong ish head wind I had a nice slow finishing 8 miles planned, but I hear a cheery hi, hows it going? as a roadie pulls alongside, the first cyclist I have ever met going he same way. My pace was beginning to slow as I was day dreaming but he carried on chatting and before I knew it I was going his pace. Lovely guy, frequents this site apparently (forgot his tag though :blush:) he was riding a blue Willier and rides with "in-gear VC". When he peeled off at the channel tunnel I checked the pace and was on for another PB as he had helped through the bits I usually go slowly on. So I pushed the lastfew miles and got home beating my previous PB for home leg by 50 seconds doing it in 47mins 20 seconds.

So thanks to you whoever you are I had a double PB time AND my legs hurt like bugger today.... but feel great! ;):biggrin::biggrin:

Bristol Dave

Well done on the PB smashing. It gives a good feeling when it happens but can become addictive :sad:

Wigsie said:
my legs hurt like bugger today

Get the better half to rub you down with a rough towel. It doesn't help but it takes your mind off things. :biggrin:

BD

OP
OP
Wigsie

Wigsie

Nincompoop
ianrauk said:
Well done mate, for a lanky lard arse like yerself that's pretty good going ;)

:rolleyes::laugh::biggrin: I would be offended if that comment had not come from a stumpy lard arse! :laugh: :angry:

The cannon and ball of the kent CC'ers!

Top Bottom