Yet another newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PhatSi

Hi All

I have been a bit of a lurker and have now decided to join in on this great forum!

I live in Wakefield and am taking up cycling to turn around my health. I have recently become a father for the first time and have decided that it is time to change my lifestyle :biggrin:

I will be asking lots of questions on here, mainly about how to turn a totally unfit and obese person that I am into someone who can complete the Manchester to Blackpool charity ride in July (Booking my place seemed a good idea at the time!)

Cheers

Si

numbnuts

Legendary Member
There's nothing worse than a lurker so Hi & :welcome: to CC

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
wave.gif
PhatSi and
wave.gif
to CC
thebiggrin.gif
!

Hi All

I have been a bit of a lurker and have now decided to join in on this great forum!

I live in Wakefield and am taking up cycling to turn around my health. I have recently become a father for the first time and have decided that it is time to change my lifestyle :biggrin:

I will be asking lots of questions on here, mainly about how to turn a totally unfit and obese person that I am into someone who can complete the Manchester to Blackpool charity ride in July (Booking my place seemed a good idea at the time!)

Cheers

Si
I think you might find that your lifestyle has just been changed in the most dramatic way possible
hyper.gif
wub.gif
icon_smile_approve.gif
tired.gif
icon_smile_sleepy.gif
!

There are lots of threads about getting ready for a big charity ride, so have a good look around, read, mark, learn, inwardly digest ... then come and ask any questions you want.

Remember, there are no silly/stupid questions on CC - but some of the answers
icon_rolleyes.gif
!

Attachments

• wave.gif
    wave.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
P

PhatSi

Thanks for the welcome! :thumbsup:

wave.gif
PhatSi and
wave.gif
to CC
thebiggrin.gif
!

I think you might find that your lifestyle has just been changed in the most dramatic way possible
hyper.gif
wub.gif
icon_smile_approve.gif
tired.gif
icon_smile_sleepy.gif
!

That must be from experience because that has been me for the last 8 weeks! :laugh:

Si

Attachments

• wave.gif
    wave.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 37

ZIZAG

Veteran
Welcome and Greetings . :biggrin:
Just remember. " Its the little things that make BIG things happen".:thumbsup:
Go out now on short rides and build up your milage .
Best of luck .:hello:

OP
OP
P

PhatSi

Thanks again for the welcome!

<br /><br /><br />

Haha I lurk behind a lot of doors and it is hard to remember who's is who's!

Ha posted that via Tapatalk on my iPod Touch - I guess it doesn't like quotes lol

Thanks ZIZAG, I will be building up the distances bit by bit. I just 7 months is enough time

Bayerd

Über Member

Si, last year I was in a similar place to you now.

I got out on the bike 9 days out of 10 and rode on average 10 miles a ride in all weathers. Within that there were some shorter and some longer. The longest I did before the Manchester- Blackpool last year was 30 hilly miles. I found the ride itself a lot easier than I thought it would be.

If you can build up to doing regular miles, you'll do it easy.

The main thing though, make sure you enjoy it, because that's what it's all about.

Top Bottom