Yikes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Not nice, hope she recovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
eek - see we should stop moaning. This sort of thing isn't uncommon - I've read a few american forums in the past and it does come up some times

We just get stupid sheep over here !

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Zoiks!:ohmy:

I own a copy of a weight zoological study entitled, 'Bear Attacks - Their Causes And Avoidance'. I bought it at a jumble sale in Peckham. As you do.

The book says the only real way to deter a bear that is intent on chewing on you is, if you even get the chance, to jam two fingers as hard as you can into it's nostrils! B)

domtyler

Über Member
tdr1nka said:
Zoiks!:ohmy:

I own a copy of a weight zoological study entitled, 'Bear Attacks - Their Causes And Avoidance'. I bought it at a jumble sale in Peckham. As you do.

The book says the only real way to deter a bear that is intent on chewing on you is, if you even get the chance, to jam two fingers as hard as you can into it's nostrils! B)

TDr1nka (on being attacked by ferocious two tonne grizzly) - "I say old boy, would you think me an awful bore if I asked you to hold off savaging my arm for just a minute or two? I have these two fingers you see and I'd just like to shove them into your nostrils."

Bear - "Grrrrrrr...."

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Wasn't there something in Richard's Bicycle Book (I last had a copy in 1980 :o) about killing a rabid dog by jammimg its head in your back wheel and then pressing the pedal???

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Ouch, that smarts!

Mr Pig

Poor little girl. I hope she recovers ok.

The most interesting thing I've seen near my house was a grouse, I didn't know they lived here. I see rabbits, sheep, cows, horses, squirrels, stoats, foxes, etc all the time.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Uncle Mort said:
Ivor Cutler has similar advice on being attacked by lions in one of his Jungle Tips in Life In A Scotch Sitting Room Vol 2. He suggests you stuff two pebbles up the lion's nostrils and run off.;)

And my fave, to avoid having your eyes pecked out by an owl, wear sunglasses and the owl will think another owl has already been there first! :ohmy:

Ivor Cutler, a great man, a great loss and a great laugh.

Top Bottom