Y'know corn beef tins....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
So the contents can drop out, of course!

on the road

Über Member
Hilldodger said:
...why are they tapered, then?
Good question :sad:

Mr Pig

When I was a kid I found one of those empty tins with the strip of metal wrapped around the key. I wanted the key so held the tin in one hand and unwound the key from the metal strip with the other. You know what's coming don't you?

Got to the end of the strip, it twanged back and wrapped around my fingers! I still remember screaming my head off with blood dripping everywhere as my dad took the wire off ;0)

My younger brother also got his hand stuck inside a Cremola Foam tin! My dad was dead by this point and he had to go to casualty to get it off, that was funny :0)

Mr Pig

Oh, quick tip:

You know how baked beans stick to the bottom of the tin? Open the tin and the bottom and they all just fall out :0) Or if it's a tin with ring pull store the tin upside down.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Mr Pig said:
Oh, quick tip:

You know how baked beans stick to the bottom of the tin? Open the tin and the bottom and they all just fall out :0) Or if it's a tin with ring pull store the tin upside down.

The upside down trick works for 'non ring pull' cans as well btw;)

Night Train

Maker of Things
Mr Pig said:
Oh, quick tip:

I store all my tins upside down for this very reason, not that I have many.

I also store my corned beef tins in the fridge as really cold corned beef comes out of the tin in one lump more easily.

colly

Re member eR
Hilldodger said:
...why are they tapered, then?

More puzzling is why 'they' persist with that health and safety nightmare of the key opening whatsit.
Can openers have been around for what 100 years ???

Top Bottom