York-Humber Bridge flat(-tish) imperial century, FINAL DATE CHANGE 11th September, 2021!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I agree about the weather being diabolical and that the ride probably needs postponing/cancelling as whilst I can cycle a hundred miles I don't want to be swimming it. Sadly I can't do any of those August dates :sad:.
September sunsets go from 9pm down to 8pm (+/- 5mins) so barring mechanicals isn't that bad for finish, well as long as Saltydog isn't thinking of cycling home ;), sunrise is a pretty reasonable 6am on last Saturday of Sept.
I can probably do some September Saturdays with negotiation with 'the management'.
Your ride, your rules, your call.
As ever thanks for trying.

Julia9054

Guru
Weather does look a bit grim. Al and I can do the 14th but not the 28th as we are away camping.
Nothing planned for September as yet. Thanks for trying, Colin - happy with whatever you decide

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Okay, let's have a think about doing it on 4th September shall we?

Maybe we could get a few more people interested for that date. Carrie definitely won't be free because she is off to France/Spain, Covid-permitting.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

I've a feeling that the ride may not happen this year...

It's a really long day for me, involving getting up before 05:00 and potentially not getting home until after 22:00 so it is better if the weather is pleasant and there is a good turnout, otherwise it is very tempting not to bother! :laugh:

Who could make 11th September? :whistle:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

We can.
Is there a Leeds to Scarborough forum ride this year? That’s usually in September
Oh, I'd forgotten that one!

I tell you what - if the Scarborough ride is on, then let's skip the bridge ride this time. I'll post at the end of the last Scarborough ride thread and see if there are any plans for it this year.

Julia9054

Guru
I'm currently in a micropub in Beverley!
Al's brother has taken over grumpy old person duties and, inspired by this ride, we decided to cycle to Beverley and stay the night. Cycling back tomorrow

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

It looks like the Scarborough ride isn't going to happen this time, so let's try again with this one?

I had travel problems (a cancelled train) on yesterday's forum ride which should result in me getting a free return ticket for Northern trains. If so, hopefully that would be in time for a rescheduled Humber Bridge ride.

September sunsets go from 9pm down to 8pm (+/- 5mins)
Unfortunately, you are out by an hour - they will be 19:54 on September 1st, 19:29 on the 11th, and 18:42 on the 30th - Sunrise/Sunset times!

19:29 might involve a short stint in the dark, but not too long. If we do the ride BRING LIGHTS!

Okay, last chance for this year... 11th September - who fancies it, and is free?

I'll run through the thread and make a tag list... @Buck, @Julia9054, @neil_merseyside, @Slioch, @Domus, @colly, @Soltydog, @videoman?

I'll ask Carrie if she can make it.

Let's say that the ride will go ahead subject to:
  • acceptable weather conditions (not raining hard all day; winds manageable)
  • trains running normally (so I can get to York and back)
  • 3+ riders joining me

Top Bottom