York ride in June? **13th June ride to Pocklington**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Just thinking it might be worth gathering people who fancy a York based ride in June? See who can do what dates? Avoiding the weekend of the York Rally (20th/21st) is probably best (well, for me anyway, I'll be at the Rally both days). Otherwise, I'm free. The Saturday before the rally, now I think of it, would be the 17th, a momentous day on which I complete my 4th decade... (on the other hand, my Mum may want to visit or something...)

I know Uncle Phil and I did a 60ish miler (all flat) last weekend, which is an option, but I think there are also other options to look at. If we do make it the 17th, I want ample cake stops! (which the 60 miler is lacking in).. (and maybe less miles....)

Anyway, bung your name down with the dates you can do....

(I guess this sort of looks like I'm organising it - I'm happy to, but welcome route input from the regular locals....)

HelenD123

Guru
I'm a bit busy that weekend cycling to Amsterdam...

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
velocidad said:
i'm not saying you don't know when ya birthday is arch, but my calender shows the saturday before the rally to be the 13th not the 17th ;-)

cheers, velocidad.

D'oh! I can't even add up and subtract anymore!

Well, 13th is near enough, what's 4 days here or there in 40 years..

Crumbs. 40 years....

Helen - other dates are available, if you prefer, I only mentioned that one specifically because of my birthday (and then I got it wrong!)

Arch said:
D'oh! I can't even add up and subtract anymore!

Well, 13th is near enough, what's 4 days here or there in 40 years..

Crumbs. 40 years....

it's the 40 years thing, plays havoc with ya body and ya brain :biggrin: i know i've gone down hill since i 'turned' in january this year, though i have to confess, my body and brain were not that great before that....lol :smile:;)

back on topic.....i would be interested in joining you for a ride. any weekend in june is fine i think. i may even be recumbent if things pan out.

cheers, velocidad.

zacklaws

Guru
My ownly guaranteed Saturday off in June is the 13th.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
zacklaws said:
My ownly guaranteed Saturday off in June is the 13th.

How about the Sunday though? Either is good for me. Or if any other weekend suits better for the majority.

I've had a potential route suggested too, involving some up :biggrin: and down :biggrin:, and a pub lunch:tongue:, just under 50 miles.

Of course, routes can always be repeated for those who can't make it.

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
Yes from me. Any time really, as I'm free most weekends in June.

I'm planning to be at the rally as well, so I'll pop into the VV tent/stand to say hello (and re-subscribe).

zacklaws

Guru
Sunday the 14th is the start of my flexi week, fortunatly I only have 3 shifts to work (I hope), but with the cycle weekend in York the following one, I hope I have that Saturday off to go to it. End of the day I may have both the days off and just work 3 midweek days. May know better what I am doing when the rostas are posted which may be out this Friday when I get back to work.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
zacklaws said:
Sunday the 14th is the start of my flexi week, fortunatly I only have 3 shifts to work (I hope), but with the cycle weekend in York the following one, I hope I have that Saturday off to go to it. End of the day I may have both the days off and just work 3 midweek days. May know better what I am doing when the rostas are posted which may be out this Friday when I get back to work.

Well, we can probably wait a bit to firm things up... And we can always repeat the ride if it goes well. As it was Danny suggested the route, I kind of think it would be good to have him along (so I can pass the buck on any complaints;))

Top Bottom