York Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tinytwin

I am considering a ride from York (Minster as usual) to Hovingham via Welburn and Castle Howard (potential tea-stops); lunch at Hovingham tea room if there are just a few of us wanting sandwiches (bakery attached). If there are a number of us, the pub would be better as the tea-room is very slow. Return via Gilling East and Farlington.
It will be a hilly ride after Thornton-le-Clay, and after lunch there is unlikely to be anywhere to pick up sugar supplies until we reach Haxby, for those of you prone to sugar lows at the end of the day!:biggrin: The route is about 46 miles, 74 km. I am looking at Saturday the 8th or 15th. Anyone interested in going and which date is the more favourable? I will try to get a map up and running with a link to it in a bit. I have tried bikehike.co.uk to no avail -the link it gives me does not work, nor does the print page.:wacko: Meet at Minster 9.30; depart 9.45 am.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Count me in. At the moment either date is fine for me, and I don't think anything will crop up...

Bokonon

Über Member
I'm giving it consideration. I don't think anything is happening that would prevent me doing it at the moment (weather excepting!)

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
Thanks to Uncle Phil for pointing this ride out to me.

I'm away on the weekend of the 15th though. Shame, sounds like a good ride.

galaxy1

The weekend of the 15th would be better for me.I'm not going to be around on the 8/9th.
Thanks to uncle phil for letting me know

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Yes I register my interest, i'll confirm when the date is confirmed.

Possibly prefer the 8th/9th

Top Bottom