Yorkshire, any good??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speccy1

I`m spending a week in April around the Yorkshire area (Harrogate), just to get away from it all for a week. I was thinking about taking my mountain bike and venturing up to the North Yorkshire moors or the Dales. Is it worth doing?? From what I have seen it looks lovely but am not sure if it`s rideable.

Any advice would be great:thumbsup::angry:

Heres some routes to look at:

http://www.mtb-routes.co.uk/northyorkmoors/

It's more road bike territory, traditionally. But if you get yourself to Otley - my home town - there's some good MTBing on the Chevin. And afterwards you can relax with a pint of Timothy Taylors Landlord, the world's best beer, in The Junction Inn, and nip into Chevin Cycles to spend any spare money.:angry:

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

Cheers guys:thumbsup:

Maybe I`ll take the road bike then. I`m guessing it`s a bit like Dartmoor (my teratory) but on a bigger scale!!

Spare money....hmmmmm lol!!

Thanks for the routes too, that`s really helpful:smile::angry:

mangaman

I agree with RT (especially as it's his home town!) but The Dales, for example are really for road bikes I'd say

Also Yorkshire if you go South from Bronte country / The Dales / North York Moors are unbelievebly beautiful.

Unlike Dartmoot all completely different.

I'd take a raod bike and the world will be your lobster

In April (if you miss Easter) it won't be busy with cars (there aren't many roads in The Dales for example)

From Harrogate you're in a fantastic position to enjoy some of the most beautiful scenery in the UK IMHO

02GF74

Über Member
was there in 2008 ... how time flies.

stayed at this YHA - Grintonb Lodge - to the NE of it is a big open area of moor with a long track that is worth doing.

Top Bottom