Yorkshire Moors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iendicott

It's true what they say about the Yorkshire Moors, it has been crafted by God's own hands. I went up to visit the moors this weekend and the scenery was simply stunning.

Also got a chance to ride up Rosedale Chimney AKA Chimney Bank and it has been to date one of the hardest hills I have complete. Not content on doing it the once I came back down to have a coffee and then proceeded to ride up it again.

The view was like standing on top of the world, but you need to do it once to appreciate it.

Make it one of the places for a future conquest, you will not be disappointed.

Ivan

Alan Whicker

Yep, it's lovely. Great scenery, great people, great pubs, nice towns.

Paladin - York

........."all along the blooming heather"........

Rosedale Chimney double? - I'll still can't make it walking.

ps I remember the chimney, demolished in 1973.

zacklaws

Guru
God may have crafted the North Yorkshire moors, but sadly the devil messed it up and put a few hills in whilst God was having a tea break.

I cycle across them about 2 or 3 times a year and they are pleasurable, but on a bad day though they can be horrendous, strong winds, freezing cold, or you bake under the sun and no shelter to escape to for a break when it gets too much.

In fact my signature pic, has Blakey Bank, 20%, in the back ground, it was a scorching hot day, but at the top the wind just buffeted you stupid and it was hard to keep on the road, thats how wild it can be and that was in Spring

Top Bottom