Yorkshire posse, anyone up for December?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Well, we've had, as far as I can tell, a ride every month over the summer. Shall we try and keep it up and do something in December? I know many people will get very busy, and the days get very short, but any ideas?

We could even make it a festive occasion, I don't mind lugging a box of crackers along... Paper hats over helmets?

HelenD123

Guru
I could probably fit a ride in some time in December. 6th is out as I'm going to the CTC Christmas dinner. Not sure about any other plans. I'm not working between Christmas and New Year so could even go out on a week day:ohmy:.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
HelenD123 said:
I could probably fit a ride in some time in December. 6th is out as I'm going to the CTC Christmas dinner. Not sure about any other plans. I'm not working between Christmas and New Year so could even go out on a week day:ohmy:.

Whereas I finish on the Wednesday, go home to Mum's that evening and have to be back for Monday morning to start clearing the accumulated bottles and wrapping paper. I should be off and in York on New Year's Eve though....

Ok, not the 6th. At the moment, al my weekends are free, so that leaves plenty of days to think about.

zacklaws

Guru
At the moment, I think I have only the 13th free, even working Xmas day and Boxing day, but plenty of week days off.

Went for a ride up to Castle Howard last week, very impressed with the country side from around Full Sutton up to just North of Castle Howard before I swung off East towards Malton and the big hills to return home. It seems a good area to do a ride in during the summer months if it has not been done all ready, maybe Arch knows the area a bit better to add some more mileage to it.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
zacklaws said:
At the moment, I think I have only the 13th free, even working Xmas day and Boxing day, but plenty of week days off.

Went for a ride up to Castle Howard last week, very impressed with the country side from around Full Sutton up to just North of Castle Howard before I swung off East towards Malton and the big hills to return home. It seems a good area to do a ride in during the summer months if it has not been done all ready, maybe Arch knows the area a bit better to add some more mileage to it.

Uncle Phil took us that way in the summer, and yes it was lovely, although there were moments on some of the hills when I could think of things I'd rather be doing. On the other hand, there was a cracking descent into Malton, and the delights of the Window Display of String. And Mrs Uncle Phil took us that way and then west later on - again, some lovely views made the climbs worth it.

As a note for the future, I'd love to do a group century when the days are longer. Hopefully with a bit more cash behind me next year, I'll be up for more rides that start a train ride away - I always feel a bit guilty starting at the Minster, as it's so convenient!

HelenD123

Guru
Arch said:
Whereas I finish on the Wednesday, go home to Mum's that evening and have to be back for Monday morning to start clearing the accumulated bottles and wrapping paper. I should be off and in York on New Year's Eve though....

Our council shuts completely for a week at Christmas and the bin men (people?) get a week off.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
HelenD123 said:
Our council shuts completely for a week at Christmas and the bin men (people?) get a week off.

Nice. If we did that, we'd never catch up with the excess afterwards. They have nice big lorries that crush the stuff in situ, we only have a trike and Beryl - we'd end up having to make 5 times the trips, which would probably have us working round the clock!

I'm not complaining, after 12 years working in food retail, anything over 2 days off at Christmas is luxury. We don't work weekends and this year that works well for us, and my day off is Thursday, hence I can get off home on Weds night.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I should be up for that, hopefully i'll be fit enough next month, hardly done any riding this month ;)

I can only make Sundays 6th & 13th, but would prefer 6th :smile:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Soltydog said:
I should be up for that, hopefully i'll be fit enough next month, hardly done any riding this month :sad:

I can only make Sundays 6th & 13th, but would prefer 6th :biggrin:

:ohmy:Seems a bit harsh, what's Helen done to upset you?:sad:

Seems that the 13th is best/ok for most....

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
OK, shall we set that then?

Any route ideas/requests? Once again, maybe worth seeing what the weather does.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Ok, sorry, I've kept forgetting to update this...

Are people still up for a ride on the 13th? It needn't be epic if the weather is bad - we could find a nice pub for a bit of lunch or something (on the other hand, of people are coming from any distance, we should have enough of a ride to make it worth while...) We could even do an out and back and finish with a Christmas drink in York.. (although York may well be packed solid)..

I'm wittering... ideas?

zacklaws

Guru
Forgot about this one myself as well, but I'm now working Saturday night into Sunday morning so I'll be just going for a ride local about mid morning if I get some sleep

Top Bottom