You couldn't make it up...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
... or if you did nobody would believe you...

17/04/2008 | 16:45:37
Pork is growing in popularity
Pork products are becoming increasingly popular with British consumers, a new report has suggested.

Market research firm TNS has found that sales of fresh and frozen pork have risen by ten per cent in the past three months.

Furthermore, over the same 12-week period loin roasting joint sales increased by 37 per cent, TNS revealed.

The news is a boost to the meat industry, consumer marketing manager for the British Pig Executive Chris Lamb said.

He remarked: "The month of March, when compared with last year, showed a huge growth in roasting joints. This is great news for the industry as it means the demand is still there for English pork."

According to the TNS data, there is an "upward trend" year-on-year of pork sales, Mr Lamb said.

The Farmers Guardian recently reported that Norman Bagley, policy director for the Association of Independent Meat Suppliers, criticised UK supermarkets for hampering the success of the British meat industry.

Maz

Guru
Um...which is the unbelievable bit?
The fact that the British Pig Executive is called Mr.Lamb?

yenrod

Any 'food' from a pig is toxic - trust me ! and as much as I may be berated mis-understood on this it will turn out to be true !

ChrisKH

Guru
yenrod said:
Any 'food' from a pig is toxic - trust me ! and as much as I may be berated mis-understood on this it will turn out to be true !

Uh huh and which part of the Torah are you quoting from? :smile:

Yenners, how did you get to this fact?

Arch

Married to Night Train
yenrod said:

Eh?

You've really lost it this time.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Hee hee. A mate of mine put me onto OnePoll - internet polling site, you earn a few pence each time for filling in a survey. Very much the sort of thing you get in Take a Break magazine - "90% of women would sell their husband for a designer handbag" and so on. The question setting is rubbish, but once I've accrued £40, they send me a cheque...

Anyway, I'm enjoying filling out the ones aimed at a certain type of woman ("How much do you spend on Handbags a week", etc), and subverting the results.. ;)

I haven't yet been questioned about pork, but there was one about cooking eggs last week.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Well, I know that eating "Long Pig" (or indeed "Hairless Goat") is not a good idea in the long run....

edit... I seem to have posted that twice. I'm going nuts. Must be the pork chops I had last night...)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Landslide said:
Should make the office day a bit more productive!

At 5 or 10p for about 30 secs, it could be a good earner in terms of hourly rate, except they only add one or two polls per day, so I'm limited to earning 10 a day...;)

Keith Oates

Janner
When you see and smell the very long daily pig train from Mainland China into Hong Kong you will know it's not only in the UK that pork is popular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom