"You have no authority, Jackie Weaver"

Randomnerd

Formerly known as Woodenspoons
We’ve a right bunch of circus clowns here. For eighteen years they hadn’t the right articles in place. All their decisions for years were unlawful. Cost the local authority £22000 to put right. Which they billed to us to pay off. Public voice is limited to five minutes, and they hold part of every session in private. No media ever attend. limited minutes are made public ten weeks after any meeting and decisions on how to spend £40000 a year are made by people mostly coopted in, three of whom are related.
You couldnt make it up!

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Pensioners with time on their hands so they meddle in Parish council matters. IF they have this much time on their hands, how about learn how to use a microphone and bloody webcam properly, quite important skills this day and age.
Stand for election and give them the benefit of your knowledge. Or do it pro bono as a layperson.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Yes, I liked the later bit about whether they 'had the power' to establish a sub-committee of the working group etc etc.
Man: I *told* you! We're an anarcho-syndicalist commune! We're taking
turns to act as a sort of executive-officer-for-the-week--

Arthur: (uninterested) Yes...

Man: But all the decisions *of* that officer 'ave to be ratified at a
special bi-weekly meeting--

Arthur: (perturbed) Yes I see!

Man: By a simple majority, in the case of purely internal affairs--

Arthur: (mad) Be quiet!

Man: But by a two-thirds majority, in the case of more major--

Arthur: (very angry) BE QUIET! I *order* you to be quiet!

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
You really should have watched it before commenting. If you then had any sympathy with the participants.......
Having far too often said embarrassing things in meetings and been embarrassed for other people's faux pas I will always have sympathy with the participants in a meeting clusterfark.

lane

Veteran
Having far too often said embarrassing things in meetings and been embarrassed for other people's faux pas I will always have sympathy with the participants in a meeting clusterfark.
Been in a lot of meetings myself in many different contexts. I have never witnessed behaviour as offensive as that.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I think that the issue at the heart of this was allegations of malice & bullying in that PC. If that was what was being exposed*, and certainly those behaviours smacked of it, then I'm a zero sympathy zone.

*That's why Jackie W was parachuted in.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Looks like @midlife is going to keep us in suspense, but Lineker does have a certain dry wit which has got him into bother several times over the years.