You know its windy when ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
You have to use your hill climbing gear on the flat nearly all the way home against the headwind........

You get blown right onto the other side of the road by a side wind on a bend, luckily nothing was coming the other way .

BSRU

A Human Being
I had to use a hill climbing gear to go down a hill this morning.

Night Train

Maker of Things
It's really annoying when you have to force your way down hill against the wind and then on the return journey you are almost walking the bike up hill against the wind.

Sometimes I think the wind watches me and then changes direction when I do just to be awkward.

Friz

The more you ride, the less your ass will hurt.
I used the granny ring today for the first time in months. And I was on the bloody flat.

You know its windy, when the Forth Road Bridge is shut, I'm glad I'm not trying to cycle over it tonight!

You know it's windy when being low to the floor you are spinning along as usual but seem to be overtaking everyone on uprights

Unfortunately you also know it's windy when all the leaves and road detritus are swirling around at head height!! So glad I bought new eyewear at the weekend

You know its windy when your normally relatively smooth GPS track suddenly looks like an ECG printout for a 60 year old patient with a heart murmur whose just popped too many pills whilst dancing frantically at the V festival.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
You know its windy when your wind stopper jacket is flapping away at the arms in the crosswind and you're leaned so far over you're damn near parallel with the road!

you also know its bloody windy when as you're in granny gear red faced trying to stay above 10mph into a headwind, some happy soul goes free wheeling by at 25mph with a cheery "afternoon!"

Top Bottom