You know what they say about big feet......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattLiverpool

Big shoes???

Where on earth can I find big shoes for going clipless? Wiggle don't seem to stock anything over about a size 10. I'm afraid I'm new to the game. I'm sure there must be a place that stocks them so if someone could point me in the right direct I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers

Matt

Maz

Guru
I have the same problem. I managed to find a pair of size 12 Shimano shoes on ebay. I was damned if I was gonna get outbid on that one!

monnet

Guru
Where's Bigtallfatbloke? He's a man who knows about these things, I'm sure there was a thread a while back based on his travails in finding shoes to fit. I seem to remember he got a pair of Nikes in the end, butImight be wrong.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
MattLiverpool said:
I'm looking for road shoes.

I'll have a look at specialized. Do the majority of cyclists have smaller feet?

Matt

I use Spesh BGs, i think they're a 12 or 13 from Wiggle a few months back, brilliant shoes, and yes they are wide.

I had a quick look at Ed CoOp site, it seems to have a good range of sizes, most shoes go to 47 (12.5UK I think). The largest they've got is a 49, I think thats a 14 :smile:, now that is big feet.
PS when buying cycling shoes the size up from what you normally take, usually fits best; best to try them first though.

OP
OP
M

MattLiverpool

Thanks everyone,

Yeah I had assumed that going big might be the best bet at least then I can pad out with socks if needs be.

Cheers

Matt

Wobbly John

Veteran
I take size 12 to 13 cycling shoes and keep a lookout for stores that have a 'last few in odd sizes' type sales. All of my last 4 pairs of shoes have cost under a tenner a pair. Bikeplus is worth keeping an eye on.

Top Bottom