You know who and the wotsit party

Rusty Nails

We remember
Gently taking the pish here, but Fa**ge and the Br**it party are currently quite an important part of politics in the UK.

Is it not allowed to acknowledge, and criticise, or laud if that's your thing, their existence?

Why ban a whole thread because of the actions of some posters? The forum has rules and sanctions that could be used.

The topic will continue to be aired, but spread around through other threads. It doesn't make sense IMO.

LinchPin

Veteran
Gently taking the pish here, but Fa**ge and the Br**it party are currently quite an important part of politics in the UK.

Is it not allowed to acknowledge, and criticise, or laud if that's your thing, their existence?

Why ban a whole thread because of the actions of some posters? The forum has rules and sanctions that could be used.

The topic will continue to be aired, but spread around through other threads. It doesn't make sense IMO.
Perhaps you could create a placeholder thread for discussing the results of the EU election.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Why ban a whole thread because of the actions of some posters?
I have some sympathy with your post, but I wasn't surprised at the ban. The issues surrounding the new party are important, but had got waylaid into dairy products.

We were lucky this part of the forum was allowed to continue as moderating the old one had become such a headache. Personally I was about to give up on it.

If we don't want a final closure need to make sure these old problems aren't resurrected.

OP
Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails

We remember
I have some sympathy with your post, but I wasn't surprised at the ban. The issues surrounding the new party are important, but had got waylaid into dairy products.

We were lucky this part of the forum was allowed to continue as moderating the old one had become such a headache. Personally I was about to give up on it.

If we don't want a final closure need to make sure these old problems aren't resurrected.
I agree. That's why we have rules and sanctions. As someone who has received a temporary ban I prefer that to punishing the other contributors by closing the thread.

Reactions: C R

Diogenes

brr, summer's over
It would be nice to have a sensible, reasoned discussion about moderation. Probably only possible if it's explicitly clear that specific instances or personal experiences can't be discussed.

winjim

Iron pony
Are we allowed to mention what just happened in Newcastle?

Damn right, it's better than yours.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Was that "the disgusting smear by Gordon Brown" all over thingy's jacket?

Allegedly the shredders are working full bore at the Wotsit Party office at the moment.

Top Bottom