You know who and the wotsit party

Discussion in 'News and Current Affairs' started by Rusty Nails, 20 May 2019.

1. Bromptonaut

Bromptonaut Rohan Man

Whataboutery.

2. Eddy

Eddy Guru

Nope, I was simply asking a question, both are similar types of over the top comparisons, I just wondered how you could find one offensive and not the other?

3. Beebo

Beebo Firm and Fruity

If you are on the same side of an argument as Ann Widdicombe, you have to have a long hard think and wonder if you really are on the right side.

4. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

Except that the ERG are Fascistic in their policies.

C R likes this.
  5. Electric_Andy

Electric_Andy Heavy Metal Fan

This whole "that offends me" thing is getting ridiculous. She was using a very loose metaphor. People have been referencing despicable historical events like wars and atrocities for years. It does not always mean that you are trivialising them. For example, "This is a war on fat" as some people on health and fitness shows have said. It doesn't mean that we forget and trivialise all the people that suffered during actual wars.

Eddy likes this.
  6. Eddy

Eddy Guru

She is not likening leave voters to slaves, sorry you know that is just silly.

7. Mugshot

Mugshot Cracking a solo.

8. Eddy

Eddy Guru

Nazis are fascist but not all fascists are Nazis, and I meant offensive to Jews.

9. Eddy

Eddy Guru

You will not get many likes on here for that post, hysterical catastrophizing and offence is all some live for on here, see the main Brexit thread.

10. Adam4868

Adam4868 Veteran

She's a absolute crank,a fecking emabarassment to us.I bet the EU were shitting themselves when she started...

raleighnut likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    Rusty Nails

Rusty Nails We remember

I know they are right-wing, nationalistic a-holes, but do they actually have policies other than a hard Brexit? Which policies are fascistic? Genuine question as I have tried to find their policies without success.

12. Spinney

Spinney Bimbleur extraordinaire

You mean the kind of catastrophizing like 'it will take 50 years to see the benefits' etc etc

raleighnut likes this.
  13. Eddy

Eddy Guru

I thought it was 100 years...……..

14. Spinney

Spinney Bimbleur extraordinaire

Moggy said 50 years, that's what I was referring to.
    I don't see how you can accuse the Remainers in this or the Brexit thread of scaremongering when one of the poster boys* for leave says this himself.

15. fido

fido Über Member

My Nan used to go a bit weird like that at family gatherings after a few drinks. My Dad would put an arm around her and gently guide her towards the car and take her home.

It's hard to be offended though. I feel a bit sorry for her. Somebody should gently guide her....etc.

My Nan was bitter, spiteful and full of ill-informed prejudice as well.

raleighnut and Eddy like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice