You know who and the wotsit party

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
It has been 3 years of Hand-wringing.
I would say it has been three years of protesting against an undemocratic referendum based on unobtainable promises, myself. All depends on your point of view, doesn't it?

U

User6179

I would say it has been three years of protesting against an undemocratic referendum based on unobtainable promises, myself. All depends on your point of view, doesn't it?
I thought it was just 3 years of bitching and alienating leave voters, its strange that thread is about a dozen or so posters repeating the same stuff week after week.

LinchPin

Veteran
I don't like to ad hominem too often because I'm not a shining beacon of reasoned argument, but she really had the appearance and mannerisms of one whose brain is riddled with toxoplasma gondii. Half expected her to start hurling cats at Verhofstadt.

"I represent the south west of Britain". I bloody hope not, I used to live there.
Please tell us what you feel when you see Juncker starts flicking women's hair or staggering around the place ?
Or when Verhofstadt starts complaining about nations wanting sovereignty.

LinchPin

Veteran
You appear to be arguing that because she didn't use the exact words "Brexit will be akin to being freed from slavery" that that isn't what she meant.
May be she meant what she said:
“There is a pattern consistent throughout history of oppressed people turning on the oppressors. Slaves against their owners. The peasantry against the feudal barons.”

raleighnut

Guru
Thankfully we don't have to guess what she meant as she was just on Newsnight saying she meant what she said. That the UK was the oppressed and the EU was the oppressor and that she used three historical examples of the oppressed rising up against their oppressors, as the oppressed UK did in 2016 when it voted for Brexit.
I'd just love to know how the EU 'oppresses' the British People, it may well prevent the wealthy from exploiting the 'less well off' (us) but I've never felt any negatives of being European.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I'd just love to know how the EU 'oppresses' the British People, it may well prevent the wealthy from exploiting the 'less well off' (us) but I've never felt any negatives of being European.
According to Widdy it was laws and borders. It's fascinating how far people are able to shove their fingers into their ears and how tightly they can screw their eyes up when it suits.

U

User6179

Thankfully we don't have to guess what she meant as she was just on Newsnight saying she meant what she said. That the UK was the oppressed and the EU was the oppressor and that she used three historical examples of the oppressed rising up against their oppressors, as the oppressed UK did i

Top Bottom