You know who and the wotsit party

winjim

Iron pony
Specially considering he is on record before the referendum saying that if it was close for remain, it wouldn't be finished by a long shot, so what is good for the goose and all that.

Having said that, I think all this milkshake throwing is counterproductive and off putting. Lets address them with arguments, not stoop to their level.
They don't have any arguments to address.

bladderhead

At least milkshake is white. That bloke missed a trick. Should have chucked vindaloo. Or curried goat.

Back in the 1980s, if you were on a train just outside Ilford station, you could see the wall of a building on which was sprayed the words NATIONAL FRUNT. Really.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
At least milkshake is white. That bloke missed a trick. Should have chucked vindaloo. Or curried goat.

Back in the 1980s, if you were on a train just outside Ilford station, you could see the wall of a building on which was sprayed the words NATIONAL FRUNT. Really.
And made with 100% British milk.

He should be celebrating our dairy industry. Which, incidentally, is going to implode if he gets his way.

bladderhead

Irish milk probably.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
Actually, as some have pointed out this is no laughing matter and should be treated with due reverence. I’m sure in years to come we will all be able to remember where we were on this day, I, for one, will be lighting a candle tonight as a mark of respect.
My thoughts and prayers are with The Man of The People.

#milkshakes4snowflakes
#aaronbankswillpaythedrycleaningbill

perplexed

Guru
And made with 100% British milk.

He should be celebrating our dairy industry. Which, incidentally, is going to implode if he gets his way.
As an aside, there is a farm in the Peaks which has a cafe and farm shop attached, and they make lovely coffee with their own raw milk.

It received funding from the EU to develop. I know this due to there being a sign in the corridor near the bogs.

Unfortunately for members of cyclechat I am not stoking Satans fires. I have been working for €+ in a dirty Eurozone country. Apart from work contact I have skilfully avoided crime news spoilers, brexit news spoilers and even bike p0rn browsing. I considered that a staunch effort and rewarded myself on internet absence and work completion with many beers.
Logging on to cyclechat to catch up on the contentious subject I see it is locked. I am not surprised, it is a minefield to steer something like that. One of my first posts here on CC was to congratulate the site for having the gumption to allow it. Some of the forums I visit got spammed by right wing US citizens and who knows who. Forums with interests that were probably best described as British, I think all the contentious threads got locked.
I have not read the posts that caused the closure of that thread but I will want to catch up on what the regulars to it had to say. I have caught up on a lot of the UK news in the last four days, it is surprisingly easy to avoid it if you don't watch any British TV and avoid the radio iplayer. It looks like a horrible year in the making for the UK. I live deep in the countryside and when I visit the UK or a major city in France after barely seeing a person for days the impression is strong. I can tell you that reading and digesting the news from Britain has been an unusual experience after an absence akin to leaving planet Britain.
I had no surprise, as I expected the Brexit business is being co opted at by what I consider to be far right groups. In a nutshell it appears that the EU and Islam are the cause of all problems in the UK.
Tomorrow I reward myself not with beers but a search to see just what alternatives to Britain's problems are being offered by the none mainstream contenders.
Me, on one shoulder I hear, "you enjoyed the milk shake thing didn't you"? On the other a voice says "each to their own, let the man speak"! A sticky wicket for me.

Top Bottom