You know who and the wotsit party

LinchPin

Veteran
I see, may I suggest you take a deep breath and read more carefully in future then.
But I’m not the one seeing wacists and narzeeeze everywhere but I do see a lot of people just regurgitating what they read in the papers.
I saw one hipster guy arguing that TR and his Brexit party were fascists and that basically Brexit was a far right movement.
We’re now entering the world of Orange man bad.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I saw one hipster guy arguing that TR and his Brexit party were fascists and that basically Brexit was a far right movement.
Well no.

By their works and their words you shall know them, and Tommy Robinson (aka Stephen Yaxley-Lennon) is a proven fascist by what he has done and said.

If course if you have evidence to the contrary, or evidence that Brexit isn't an extremist enterprise I'm sure many people would be delighted to hear it.

perplexed

Guru
But I’m not the one seeing wacists and narzeeeze everywhere but I do see a lot of people just regurgitating what they read in the papers.
I know what you mean about regurgitation. I've lost count of the 'unelected beaurocrats', 'leave means leave', 'brexit means brexit, 'WTO - simples', 'we voted to leave with no deal', 'we are the first of the dominoes' - sometimes oddly juxstaposed with 'there's gonna be an EU army' (usually followed by a weeping/laughing smiley, like they've just made a killer point), 'they are making us have the Euro/adopt schengen' - followed by a quote from the fake Lisbon Treaty doing the rounds. A particular favourite is the 'London metropolitan elite'. Like the 16 million odd who voted remain all live in London.

Edit to add another cracker: 'They need us more than we need them, we hold all the cards', later to be followed by, without any sense of irony, 'The EU are bullying us'.

Last edited:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Then I'm confused. You have started typing in a manner which suggests some kind of speech impediment. You explained that the reason for this was due to misreading things and getting overexcited where there was perhaps no reason to, naturally I assumed that you meant that you were misreading things but it appears that you mean other people, specifically Milkshake Man, but I could see no evidence in the article that you linked to that he was typing that way, I haven't heard him speak so maybe he does actually have a speech impediment, perhaps you have a link to an interview? Other than that you could be just making things up and generally mocking speech impediments for some comedic effect, but that couldn't be the case surely?

LinchPin

Veteran
Well no.

By their works and their words you shall know them, and Tommy Robinson (aka Stephen Yaxley-Lennon) is a proven fascist by what he has done and said.

If course if you have evidence to the contrary, or evidence that Brexit isn't an extremist enterprise I'm sure many people would be delighted to hear it.
"The word 'Fascism' has now no meaning except in so far as it signifies ‘something not desirable’.”

George Orwell

Politics and the English Language | Horizon, April 1946

TR is interesting in the way that he is portrayed and how he’s literally being unpersoned.
Of course his greatest crime is being being working class with a voice.

You need evidence that Brexit isn’t an extremist enterprise ?
I can only presume that’s an emotional response. If only that extremist Tony Benn was still alive, actually I think there’s some other George Orwell quotes that are relevant in this regard.

LinchPin

Veteran
Then I'm confused. You have started typing in a manner which suggests some kind of speech impediment. You explained that the reason for this was due to misreading things and getting overexcited where there was perhaps no reason to, naturally I assumed that you meant that you were misreading things but it appears that you mean other people, specifically Milkshake Man, but I could see no evidence in the article that you linked to that he was typing that way, I haven't heard him speak so maybe he does actually have a speech impediment, perhaps you have a link to an interview? Other than that you could be just making things up and generally mocking speech impediments for some comedic effect, but that couldn't be the case surely?
Yes I think you are confused and I’ll take it you’re acting in good faith when you say that.

perplexed

Guru
Came across this link amongst the myriad of stuff on t'internet.

Suggested rebuttals for interviewers to use against the Brexiters who imply - that we can just jump over to WTO or whatever like it's as easy as flipping a switch... Well worth a 10 minute flick through.

https://www.explaintrade.com/blogs/2019/5/20/brexit-interviewer-guide

Edited to add: If you have a read of it and can think of any valid additions, the guy who wrote it will add your idea and credit you.

Last edited:

LinchPin

Veteran
I know what you mean about regurgitation. I've lost count of the 'unelected beaurocrats', 'leave means leave', 'brexit means brexit, 'WTO - simples', 'we voted to leave with no deal', 'we are the first of the dominoes' - sometimes oddly juxstaposed with 'there's gonna be an EU army' (usually followed by a weeping/laughing smiley, like they've just made a killer point), 'they are making us have the Euro/adopt schengen' - followed by a quote from the fake Lisbon Treaty doing the rounds. A particular favourite is the 'London metropolitan elite'. Like the 16 million odd who voted remain all live in London.

Edit to add another cracker: 'They need us more than we need them, we hold all the cards', later to be followed by, without any sense of irony, 'The EU are bullying us'.
You’re right there’s never been any regurgitations from the remainers.
It’s been very much we respect the vote, we think you’re wrong but that’s how democracy works.

But of course in reality the most vociferous supporters of the EU find large government appealing, so the EU is really great in that regard as it fits in with their authoritarian world view.
And of course a dislike of the proles.

perplexed

Guru
You’re right there’s never been any regurgitations from the remainers.
It’s been very much we respect the vote, we think you’re wrong but that’s how democracy works.

But of course in reality the most vociferous supporters of the EU find large government appealing, so the EU is really great in that regard as it fits in with their authoritarian world view.
And of course a dislike of the proles.
Ah, the 'dislike of the proles' trope. You forgot the follow up of 'by the metroplitan elite'.

Zombie mantras for simpletons. I am still seeing comments stating that the reason for a historically weak pound sterling is the Soros/EU cabal punishing the UK. No amount of reading of that idea beats actually hearing it first hand in an airport. Priceless, as I enjoy stereotypes as much as the next sniggering smug git a look at the commentator confirmed my prejudice.
The "working class hero patriot", his immediate coterie of followers also confirm my inbuilt prejudice, they all look like druggies and generally not the sort of people you would leave your kids alone with. In actual fact that prejudice is validated by the shear volume of CSO convictions of his immediate circle from the days of BNP through EDL to current coterie. Drug possession/distribution convictions are one matter, the above societal norm for CSO convictions is an eye opener.

perplexed

Guru
If Farage has blocked Ch4 news, I'd like to think that the other news outlets would be reporting this fact at the very least, if not boycotting the BP...

Reactions: C R

Diogenes

brr, summer's over
Zombie mantras for simpletons. I am still seeing comments stating that the reason for a historically weak pound sterling is the Soros/EU cabal punishing the UK. No amount of reading of that idea beats actually hearing it first hand in an airport. Priceless, as I enjoy stereotypes as much as the next sniggering smug git a look at the commentator confirmed my prejudice.
The "working class hero patriot", his immediate coterie of followers also confirm my inbuilt prejudice, they all look like druggies and generally not the sort of people you would leave your kids alone with. In actual fact that prejudice is validated by the shear volume of CSO convictions of his immediate circle from the days of BNP through EDL to current coterie. Drug possession/distribution convictions are one matter, the above societal norm for CSO convictions is an eye opener.
Exactly - you're known by the company you keep.

Top Bottom