You know you havn't ridden fixed for a while when ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
and first time riding a geared bike after a fixie, you realise you're needlessly spinning out down a hill or trying to climb in too high a gear…

zimzum42

Legendary Member
There are a couple of moments on my regular route where I wish I had gears for a few hundred metres, when trying to TT a ride I hate losing the rhythm when you reach a short, sharp incline such as the ramp up onto a flyover...

skwerl

zimzum42 said:
There are a couple of moments on my regular route where I wish I had gears for a few hundred metres, when trying to TT a ride I hate losing the rhythm when you reach a short, sharp incline such as the ramp up onto a flyover...

keep an eye out for a bloke on a converted Raleigh Ritmo. My mate move to Sing recently and says he's seen one or two fixies out there. one of them may be yours

Blue Manc

alecstilleyedye said:
and first time riding a geared bike after a fixie, you realise you're needlessly spinning out down a hill or trying to climb in too high a gear…

Or try and brake with your legs.........

zimzum42

Legendary Member
skwerl said:
keep an eye out for a bloke on a converted Raleigh Ritmo. My mate move to Sing recently and says he's seen one or two fixies out there. one of them may be yours
I'll keep an eye out for him...

Tell him to check out TR bikes in Tanjong Rhu, near Fort Road. Fixie central in SG

RedBike

You try and freewheel over a cattle grid with somewhat intresting results. You fail to learn from this experiance and try and freewheel over the next one as well.

You get to the third cattle grid and you remember to pedal but forget to stand up. You have bum ache for the rest of the ride.

- It was my first long ride on fixed gear (ended up single speed) on sunday!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I never had the problem of forgetting to keep peddling when i came up to something, because i remembered about the fixed.
It was when i was stood up and tried to freewheel for a second or something that the problem came.
When i had been riding fixed for a while then went geared i tried to leg brake, once, but that was it.
I can go onto geared bikes from fixed, then back onto fixed no problems, or at least i could do.
I do end up sitting in one gear though, or having 50/19 as my smallest gear.

Top Bottom