You know you're addicted to Fixed or SS when...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

when I happily rode 53/17during the 'fitter' summer months thinking your the daddy and now it's winter and I think, how the **** did I ride this anywhere other than pan flat roads I need now for it

I rode most of the way home from the Cafe this morning with a mate, he's on fixed the same as I am, but his gearing is around 90 where I'm on about 66, he rode up Purley Chase easier and faster than I did on the smaller gear.

http://goo.gl/maps/nKWHQ

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
You get a perverse satisfaction riding with others when you hear the clunk of clumsy gear changing.
....... and then spend 15 minutes at the top of the hill quietly admiring your own beautifully simple drivetrain when news comes through that someone just broke their chain downshifting at the bottom of the hill.

Andrew1971

Veteran
When you cant be bothered to read all this thread and you be out on the bike instead:smile:

Acesand8s

Regular
When you are (like me) getting a job that is 11 miles of uphill (rolling hills) and you realize your only bikes are fixed and single speed, so you now have to get a multi geared bike cause going that far is too slow on with one gear... Or when you have riden so much on that single cog or ring that you actually have to replace it from wear...

YahudaMoon

Über Member
This came in the post from a ex Keirin Racer'

Sugino 15mm Peanut Butter wrench

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

Top Bottom