You think you're ride is a bit poo?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Cycled home on Monday night in the freak storm that hit the London area...was still war so ended up being quite refreshing.

but...

As I approached the bottom of Lewisham hill I crossed into a small park that circumvents the huge RAB at the bottom, the exit to the park is over the river Quaggy and under a small viaduct....sounds pretty and quaint right?

except that the bottom of the viaduct was flooded...nothing unusual there...its been raining a lot after all.

NO!!!, this was flooded with what I can only describe as a "lake of human excrement"...all nicely mushed in with paper towels.

It Stank!!!

There was literally no other way out, so I crept through at a snail’s pace to ensure nothing "extra" was sprayed onto my frame ...or worse still my bottle!!. When I got home (a further 6 miles or so) My wheels, rims, and most spokes were liberally encrusted with a papier mache poo effect.

I love Lewisham.

*EDIT*
when I cycled past again on Tuesday Morning the lake had turned to a fly infested swamp, with people standing about gagging!

I had to drive in today via a different route...but am looking forward to tomorrows delights.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A storm on monday night? I missed that one.
I never go through the park, I always play with my lifes worth at the roundabout of death...

lukesdad

It seems every time i go out now, the farmers have been muck spreading,and it s everywhere. I get covered not funny. Down on the A40 the farmers clear it up. not sure if they are made to, but on the minor roads its truly crap.

*EDIT*
when I cycled past again on Tuesday Morning the lake had turned to a fly infested swamp, with people standing about gagging!

Why? Had they been nailed to the pavement? Could they not walk away? I certainly wouldn't be standing near a $hit pile gagging, (unless I was a workmen tasked to clear it of course :whistle:), in which case the dole would seem favourable me thinks :biggrin:

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Why? Had they been nailed to the pavement? Could they not walk away? I certainly wouldn't be standing near a $hit pile gagging, (unless I was a workmen tasked to clear it of course :whistle:), in which case the dole would seem favourable me thinks :biggrin:

it was about 3 inches thick and 5 metres wide...so you didnt need to stand near it to catch the full body of the aroma. I noticed a lot more flys in the air as well as I went by.

I'm gagging just thinking about it

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I never go through the park, I always play with my lifes worth at the roundabout of death...

How the hell did you miss it, it was like a monsoon!!

Funny though as I USED to take the big RAB...and actually enjoyed doing so...but I rode in a few times with a buddy who prefers the park...its like a breather for us to chat for a few seconds before pushing on...into the headwind of catford!! :sad:

PS..I did have footage of the moonsoon and the poolake but foolishly deleted it...anyone know how to recover SD card data (its not formatted and not been used to record on since).

Norm

We had a huge one out this way, about 7pm. I was on the motorbike and I was wearing my new waterproofs, which worked perfectly.

Well, when I say they worked perfectly, it took soooooo bloody long to put them on that the storm had blown through before I got there.

OP
OP
jonny jeez

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
Well, when I say they worked perfectly, it took soooooo bloody long to put them on that the storm had blown through before I got there.

Haha, 100% efficient.

Yep it was bang on 6.00 when it hit me as I am always at big Ben to hear the chimes (and that's where it hit). I'm still really annoyed about deleting the footage.

Top Bottom