You would love this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

looe

As I am native Swedish I sometimes trawl the Swedish cycling websites and today I found this: buy Continental Touring Contact tyres and you get a new tyre if you get a puncture within 12 months. Something for GB to copy isn't it?

EDIT................just found out, it's the same in UK..................sorry

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
No much good if you get a puncture though.

Davidc

Guru
I've had more punctures than most on here (it's only age!). I can't ever remember having to replace a tyre as a result. Inner tubes, yes. Tyres, no.

On here there have been photos of tyres damaged beyond repair when punctures have happened, but that's because they're real rarities.

I have Schwalbe tyres on one bike and Kendo tyres on the other. I'm pretty sure they'll be replaced because they've worn down to the fabric, not as a result of a puncture. If it isn't that it'll be a cut, probably by vandals.

doog

Ive had to replace tyres due to punctures, I tour and commute on 25mm tyres and have had a few blow outs over the years that have resulted in write offs. I dont think its that uncommon to people who rake up the miles, plenty of people take replacement tyres on tours.

Davidc

Guru
Ive had to replace tyres due to punctures, I tour and commute on 25mm tyres and have had a few blow outs over the years that have resulted in write offs. I dont think its that uncommon to people who rake up the miles, plenty of people take replacement tyres on tours.

Blow outs, in my experience, are caused by defects not punctures. Replacement tyres are certainly useful on tours and are usually needed because of cuts, splits or tears.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm assuming the 'free tyre if you puncture' isn't because you will need a new tyre, but a sign of how confident they are about the resistance of their tyres - like a 'money back if you're not completely satisfied' thing?

the snail

Guru
EDIT................just found out, it's the same in UK..................sorry

no need to apologise, I have those tyres and I didn't know that...

Coco

New tyre AND tube.

I've used the guarantee and it works well. No quibble from Wiggle (presumably they get paid by Conti) even though it cost more to post back to them than I paid for the tyre  :whistle:

Top Bottom