Youngest person to cycle JOGLE ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
My eleven year old planning to join his older siblings & their friends from a church youth group on a JOG-LE next August (2010). Wondering if anyone knows of anyone younger to have done it?

He's a very competent bike handler and it's a fairly gentle 3 week schedule, so he should make it, so long as we can get a good few miles in training.

wyno70

Unfortunately he's about 4 years too late!!!!!

http://www.endtoenders.co.uk/history_record_breakers.php

Youngest Cyclist

To date the youngest known end to end cyclist is Bow Jango Cann aged seven and nine months who on the 21st July 2002 took the record form his brother Capability Jack Cann aged eight who had earned the title only ten seconds before. They did the trip in 22 days unaided using their own bikes, they rode with their teenage sisters and their parents Jim and Sam.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Impressed I can't imagine what my lot would say if I told them we were going to do that... let alone with a serious illness. It really shows you that some people are not going to let life get them down.

OP
OP
PpPete

PpPete

Legendary Member
summerdays said:
Impressed I can't imagine what my lot would say if I told them we were going to do that... let alone with a serious illness. It really shows you that some people are not going to let life get them down.

It really shows you that some people are not going to let being called stupid names get them down.:evil:

Ah well - my boy wiill enjoy it anyway even if nowhere near the youngest.
There will not be many of his friends on the playground who will be able to boast of such things.

hmoisey

On 3rd August 2018, Joshua Moisey, aged 7 years and 2 months , became the youngest ever Land's End - John o' Groats cyclist, riding his own bike alongside brother Reuben (10) and parents Alvin and Hiroko. He also gave piano recitals along the way, together with his brother and concert pianist father, raising money for Alzheimer's Society. https://alvinmo View attachment 428925 isey2018.wordpress.com/ https://www.twitter.com/alvinmoisey1

Attachments

• IMG_5152.JPG
    IMG_5152.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 62

Ajax Bay

Guru
:welcome: Mother Moisey. What genes and character traits you have passed on / developed! Congratulations to all your cycling family. He has grown while they've been away. New bike please.

hmoisey

I thought a 4 year old just did it.

Rhoda Jones is the girl in question, and although it's a very impressive endurance achievement for a 4-yr-old, she was in fact being towed on a trailer bike by her mother or father, not cycling independently...That the parents managed to pull her all the way from Land's End to John o' Groats is amazing enough in itself!

hmoisey

:welcome: Mother Moisey. What genes and character traits you have passed on / developed! Congratulations to all your cycling family. He has grown while they've been away. New bike please.

Thanks very much for your kind comments! And you're right, he HAS grown. We'll be investing in that new bike soon...

Top Bottom