Your favourite Beatles song?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Had a sudden urge last night to get out all the old Beatles CDs and load them into the car CD player. My favourite song is definitley A Day in the Life, which gets quite a large entry on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Day_in_the_Life

I love this song for several reasons: Firstly it was a hit during a family holiday we had in western Ireland, camping on the foreshore at Omey Island, messing around in rock pools and riding ponies on the strand and hearing the song takes me back to that gloriously carefree sunny time in my life. Secondly I live in Blackburn so the reference to 4000 holes has always intrigued me - I thought it might be old mine shafts but according to Wiki it was a newspaper article about potholes. Thirdly it has to be one of the most complex and creative pop songs I've ever heard. There will be some reading this who don't even know the song so they'd better go off and find it on You Tube because they won't get it off iTunes or Amazon!

What's your favoutite Beatles song? Why?

I like "Love Me Do". Catchy, great fun and from an era before they were weighed down with the expectations of a generation. A lot of the early rock and roll stuff is good.
And I also like "She's so Heavy". What a riff.:rolleyes:

I think my all-time favourite is 'Tomorrow Never Knows' but it changes so often. The album I listen to most these days is 'The Beatles' and the song that sticks in my mind the most is 'Mother Nature's Son' - purely for the guitar picking. Quite, quite beautiful music.

Happiness Stan

Happiness Stan said:
Can I have the second side of Abbey Road?

As to why, I just think it's a Tour de Force, melodically and to a certain extent lyrically

If it was just one song then it would have to be 'She's Leaving Home' because everything goes still when it comes on.

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
"It's Been A Hard Days's Night" - a great song, we used to sing all the time as kids in the sixties. Recently heard John Lennon say in a documentery that the title came from one of Ringo's malapropisms - priceless! Not forgetting Peter Sellers very funny cover version.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
ianrauk said:
Yellow Submarine
or
Ohbladi Ohblada

Because they are the best...
Oh you tease...

Don't forget Hello Goodbye. Or Octopus's Garden.

Soft & lyrical: Norwegian Wood, Blackbird
Loud & rocky: Back in the USSR, Get Back

...among many.

tyred

Legendary Member
It's difficult to pick just one. Norwegian Wood, Paperback writer, Eight days a week or A little help from my friends.

Bodhbh

Guru
I dunno, I know it's a cover, of the top of my head 'Anna', maybe 'Love Me Do'. I like their early records much more than the later stuff.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Come on you guys, Wings were far better then the Beatles...

All together now.. Muuuuuullll Of Kintyyyyyreeeeee!!

Top Bottom