Your "Inner Jukebox"

Your Inner Jukebox...

• Whats one of those dohickeys?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Ocassionally it sparks up to life and is nigh on impossible to shut down

• Its a regular customer, sometimes I feel like strangling myself with my chain just to make it stop!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If it sparks up, I show it who's boss and shut it back down

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like it!

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Inspired by palinurus in the commuting thread, I realised it is not just me who has an inner jukebox suddenly spark to life with one or two lines from a song I hate over and over and over and over until I am so sick of the words I want to scream!

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I like it.
But mainly because i get good songs in my head. But most of the time the song just goes and i'm thinking about nothing.
It only gets annoying when i forget some of the words from the song, and you try to work them out, but they still dont come. Thats annoying.

I know only too well what you mean!

Unlike a bad dream (when I can push the escape button) I can't do the same with the most unwanted of jukebox songs.

Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
Tie a Yellow Ribbon . . . - Dawn(?)
Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
'Shud upya Face' - Joe Dolci

and millions of others. They get 'played' for a millisecond, then it's replay after bloody replay! I have to shout or hum a good song/tune very loudly to drown out the other.
Funnily enough, it only happens when I'm cycling; never skiing, or going for a long walk or driving!

papercorn2000

The opening riffs of "Everything Zen"

or "Bulls on Parade"

tend to get stuck in mind - particularly if I am trying to sleep!

Restless Legs

papercorn2000 said:
The opening riffs of "Everything Zen"

or "Bulls on Parade"

tend to get stuck in mind - particularly if I am trying to sleep!

Bush are one of the mainstays on my MP3 player

longers

Legendary Member
I try to get rid of earworms with this:-

mondobongo

Über Member
Pick of the Pops last Sunday filled my head with some right dodgy tunes. The year is 1977 says Dale great I think golden era. Am still humming the Telephone Man, Magic Fly by Space Oxygene. Oh and High on a Hill lived a Shepherd ahhhhhh please make it stop.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
The cure for this is as follows: hammer a favourite song which lasts at least seven minutes into your head and switch it on every time the kind of horrors mentioned by Dayvo put in an appearance. (Walk On Hot Coals by Rory Gallagher usually does it for me.)

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
A few weeks back a work mate started whistling the tune to Follyfoot farm, a childrens programme from the early70's. All day people were singing the same tune all day. A case of collective inner jukebox if there is such a thing.:blush:

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Try replacing an earworm with Land of Hope and Glory in an Indian accent and twangy accompaniment, followed by a loud Shut up!!
Usually works.

with three teenage girls in the house the current number one is driving me demented i have found myself waking up and it is the first thing that is in my mind.....'you're way too beautiful girl.....'

ARGH i think i'm going to self harm my head if it carries on:angry::blush:

Windy

Top Bottom