Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
60 miles yesterday for the New Forest Audax .Hill wimp and Hopeless were on good form and the cake consumption was kept to the minimum . We managed to stay on course with no deviations which was impressive. Even a full on gale on top of Stoney Cross did not hinder them .

I was meant to ride that too but have been laid up with some rank virus until today, reduced my energy levels to that of the very elderly, so had to bail on it, would have been my fifth this year :sad:

Kudos to you doing it in that wind tho :bravo:

On a positive, felt better and went out just now and as a viral side effect, tore up the hills onto Salisbury plain.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
Well guys.....today is the day - gonna tackle the 50 mile challenge. Very pleased that I am at this point already - considering I set a target of July!

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
The saddle has been moved forward half an inch but it needs lowering half an inch too I think. Those gears definitely need indexing, they are just horrible.
Crank in line with seat tube, heel on pedal - crank at 3o'clock, centre of knee perpendicular to pedal axle.
After that, only adjust in 1/8th inch increments/decrements, after giving your body time to adjust.

(Re the gears, likely it's cable stretch, just turn the barrel adjuster a turn or two.)

ScotiaLass

Guru
Todays ride was pretty much the same as always. However, in my haste to get out in the sunshine, I forgot one vital step in my pre-ride routine – I forgot to take my painkiller!
By the time I was half way through my ride, I could feel my lower spine nagging at me. I stopped at the Falkirk Wheel and checked my backpack but I hadn't got any with me so I carried out a few of my physio prescribed stretches.
A five minute rest, a drink, and I was feeling easier.
I pushed the bike up the hill to the top basin and got back in the saddle. The rest seemed to do the trick and I was feeling more comfortable as I headed on the homeward journey.

I was about to push the bike through the Falkirk Tunnel and the last ride popped into my head (singing whilst walking through the tunnel).
So, todays tune playing on my iPod was ‘Edge of Glory’ by Lady Gaga. I have eclectic taste, and with the iPod on shuffle, I can be humming along to a classical piece or singing along to Bon Jovi, Snow Patrol, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Fleetwood Mac, Taylor Swift or Frank Sinatra!

I may get out again on Thursday but I'm volunteering on Saturday for an event at the Helix, run by the local college.
It’s called ‘Tour De Helix’ and has lots of cycling events including; guided bike tours around the park and the Kelpies, an adult and children’s bike course, a ‘Bike Doctor’, and lots of science type stalls, all connected with cycling.
My role is to help with the guided cycle tours and take photos. It’s forecast to stay dry, so fingers crossed!

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
...So, todays tune playing on my iPod was ‘Edge of Glory’ by Lady Gaga. I have eclectic taste, and with the iPod on shuffle, I can be humming along to a classical piece or singing along to Bon Jovi, Snow Patrol, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Fleetwood Mac, Taylor Swift or Frank Sinatra!...

No Scottish artistes I note. What have the Bay City Rollers done to offend you.

Archeress

Veteran
18.7 miles for me. First a short hop over to the surgery to have a chat with my counsellor, then an hour later, the longer hop down to the floating harbour via the busy Gloucester Road. Nice lunch in Mud Dock Cafe, managed to resist buying any cycling gear from the store downstairs. Had a really tasty smoked salmon and dill omlette with a salad and a small glass of perry. Then it was a short hop over to Bristol Marina where a friend lives to deliver a book I had made for her, the first book I've sold. Then finally the long hop home, cycling up Park Street (the one that recently had the water slide), up onto the downs, through Henleaze and past Southmead Hospital and on back to Bradley Stoke.

Can't for the life of me think why they have relocated all hospital services from Frenchay to Southmead hospital. The roads around Southmead are always blocked with traffic so how they're going to get ambulances in and out I don't really know.

Managed to miss all the rain. The roads were wet, and the only time I got wet was a passing Tesco lorry throwing up spray.

Wore my new Endura Gillet, it's a lightweight showerproof design with a mesh back. It's not quite Bianchi green, but I have always liked that colour anyway. It worked well today, my arms were a little chilled, but my body under the gillet and Altura SS top was just right.

Hugs
Archeress x

Just a 'quick' ride for me today. Had a pre-op assessment to attend over at one of the less local hospitals and took advantage of a respite in the rain to go out one way and come home another. It did mean having to take 2 bike locks with me on the ride and my waterproof but otherwise an enjoyable if rather breezy ride out. Couldn't find the bike racks at the hospital so wheeled the bike into the information desk and they didn't know where they were, so I asked if they would ring pre-op for me and tell them I would be late, so it was suggested I simply take my bike to pre-op with me! So my bike & I turned up on time. Pre-op took it in their stride and the bike was left in the empty waiting room... :biggrin: locks unused :wacko:. Ride home was more interesting because I didn't have a planned route and as a result there was a minor detour and some 'making it up as a I went along' but all drivers played nice and some were really helpful! (And I now know where the bike sheds are (one of the staff on duty is a cyclist and have the bike shed code for the other hospital when I have to attend there as well! :thumbsup:)

http://www.strava.com/activities/140665847 20 ish something miles in sunshine:sun: It finally came out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom