Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Standoff

Thirty five miles at 17.5 mph which is 1mph faster than I did it a few weeks ago. I'm putting the extra speed down to my cheap ten quid jersey as I've always worn a Kagool previously which flapped about no end! Maybe I'm getting a little fitter as well. Just got to drop more weight as the hills are killing me! Two bottles of Newcastle brown ale waiting for me in the fridge!

It poured most of the day, so I watched the TdF instead of going for a ride but after stuffing myself with cake all day, I decided to go for a ride after-all and took the heavy SS out for a wee loop. I started raining again when I went out but it was nothing compared to earlier and only my feet got wet.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
One chance for a ride today and 10 minutesin a cloudburst appears and i spend 20 minutes waiting for it to slow down, in the end i ride home in pouring rain .
Only cleaned the bike this morning as well :cursing:

stevo

hi went out for ride today as weather really good up ere in the north.
did 10 mile ride great ride out. then disaster 5 miles from home my mates bike chain snapped.
could not fix chain as it flew in the canal.
so long walk home.
but still great day out.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Myself, rb58 & Mista Preston of this parish decided today was the day for July's 100 miler. A round trip to the Tiptree Jam Factory for breakfast, and back. The weather report said the rain would clear by 10am.. hurrumph... Left home at 6.30am to meet Mr P (late as usual :whistle:).. but made up time to meet rb58 at the Dartford Crossing bang on 7.30am just as the rain started to really pelt down. Bikes onto the van and through the crossing emerging into Essex the rain looked like it was stopping (2nd hurrumph). It wasn't going to stop was it?. We managed to get just past Billericay. The roads were absolutely swamped with standing water and huge puddles and by this time we were all thoroughly soaked through. And I think we were all getting slightly grumpy. So we decided to call it a day and head back. Luckily the wind was of the tail variety so we zoomed along at a frantic pace. By the time we got back to Thurrock the rain fall had now turned into biblical proportions. Not long a wait for transport at the crossing and was soon home after splitting with rb58 at Bexley and Mr P at Chiselhurst. Still, 72 quick miles for the day. (16.5mph avg). I write this as the sun is now shining..(3rd hurrumph).

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well was first day out on the bike for the first time over 10yrs. Had a tad wobble when I first started in the community where I live and the off I went to sainsburys. Well I made it there and back and was 2.6 mile trip.

I know it was only a small trip but it's a start to further journey ;)

Nice one.. keep it up. It soon get's easier. :bravo:

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Well was first day out on the bike for the first time over 10yrs. Had a tad wobble when I first started in the community where I live and the off I went to sainsburys. Well I made it there and back and was 2.6 mile trip.

I know it was only a small trip but it's a start to further journey ;)

Ah, the glory of remembering you like cycling! Have fun and don't push too hard!

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Work all weekend so too busy for a decent ride, so just snook in a quick hours worth...17 miles.

Didnt slack, but didnt absolutely bust a gut, so 17mph average's good for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom