Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
A two hour squirt on the tourer, wet roads, 48.86km with 639m of climbing, a cat 4 climb I cycled up is 5.1km at 3% but today straight into a blustery head wind, nice:bicycle:.

Went from seeing two drunks crossing the road to 15 minutes later seeing two deer crossing the road, hundreds of rabbits, although it could just be same group trying to mess with my head:wacko:
Time for some Taste The Difference all butter scones and a cup of tea:thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 23692

Today's ride was just less than 5 mile ::smile:.... it was the annual Carlisle Mass Ride organised* by the local cycling campaign group. I really don't know what it's meant to achieve, but I had a good laugh with a few mates I've not seen in a while.

I use the word 'organised' in the sense of 'couldn't arrange a mass micturition in an ale production facility'

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Usual run to Styal to volunteer with the rangers on the national Trust site at the back of the airport using my new favorit route using the Bridgewater canal and Brooks drive which takes a good chunk of the route off roads.Enjoy the piccys
Art work in the first airport runway tunnel
Tunnelart1_zpsda4dc040.jpg
Quarry Bank Mill where i would love to work
SkodaandStyal013_zpscd2edab5.jpg
Rubard from the kitchen garden at Styal
Rubarbandboots_zps3c89c962.jpg
Buttercups on the trail by the runway
SkodaandStyal018_zps016f2087.jpg
Airport fire tender
Airportfireengine0_zpsa7f2d76e.jpg
Brooks drive
SkodaandStyal024_zpscadf774e.jpg
Old railway bridge at the Timperley end
SkodaandStyal025_zpsa84b141f.jpg
Sign to the airport
SkodaandStyal026_zps535049a5.jpg
Bridgewater canal between Dane road and Stretford
SkodaandStyal034_zpsce949f22.jpg
Ooops
SkodaandStyal039_zps946bbc1c.jpg
Canal at Worsley......nearly home
SkodaandStyal043_zps84657b7d.jpg

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
60 Km round trip :bicycle: But whoever said it was flat didnt go there on a bike, lovely weather but wind in my face most of the time and i will admit i walked up a couple of hills on the way back !!
Boussac Chateau.jpg
Boussac Chateau.jpg
Chateaux M.jpg

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I was pretty glad to get out on my bike tonight after having a bit of a mad day as we are still sorting out our new home and garden. I tried a new-ish route today which was OK but not brilliant, a few hills though and I did 5 x 30 second intervals of hard riding. I did manage to beat the 12 year old on a BMX bike, up the hill to home - it would have been mortifying if I hadn't, he only lives around the corner and always chats to us when we are riding home or walking the dog. Imagine if that had got round the locale, that I got scalped up a hill by a schoolboy and a slightly plump one at that. I would never have been able to leave the house again.

11.88 miles and averaging 13.8mph which is about right for me when I am cycling without hubby.

I managed to dodge the showers, I felt a bit of drizzle during the first mile but it didn't amount to much. I did take the precaution of wearing my Night Vision waterproof coat thing so I got a bike ride and a sauna in one.

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb
s7ephanie Well-Known Member

Damn!! I can't spot the differences! :laugh:
No problem walking up a few hills to enjoy the scenery.....^_^

potsy

Rambler
Usual run to Styal to volunteer with the rangers on the national Trust site at the back of the airport using my new favorit route using the Bridgewater canal and Brooks drive which takes a good chunk of the route off roads.Enjoy the piccys
Art work in the first airport runway tunnel
Tunnelart1_zpsda4dc040.jpg
Went thru the tunnels today for the first time, alright init?
Think I was moving a lot faster than you though :tongue:

P1020098.jpg

New loop with a familiar park on the route

P1020096.jpg

36 miles all in, not much sun but no rain either :thumbsup:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Went thru the tunnels today for the first time, alright init?
Think I was moving a lot faster than you though :tongue:

View attachment 24800

New loop with a familiar park on the route

View attachment 24801

36 miles all in, not much sun but no rain either :thumbsup:
The tunnels are fun and a good cover from the rain ! I remember whent here was only one runway to go under :-) Did you turn left and climb up the cycle route to the runway side ? Great views of the airport and aircraft from there.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I was pretty glad to get out on my bike tonight .................................blah blah blah....... up the hill to home - blah blah blah...........scalped up a hill blah blah blah............

Reads post....

Looks at profile...

Sees location...

Reads post again......

Scratches head.........:wacko:

Norfolk......what bloomin' hills...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom