Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
Went out today for a 30ish mile ride at about 5 and felt completely out of sorts. Not enough food eaten today and a bit of strenuous work leading to a touch of dehydration on top methinks. Anyways pleasant couple of miles riding with a chap from the Seacroft club then I went down the old A1 which had plenty of lane restrictions but no road works so I decided to ride on the inside of the cones so as not to get squashed by the heavy traffic, which went well until the cones ended with a few that were roped together! I didn't see this until the only thing to do was hit the rope and then the deck. What a fool! got away with a cut knee and a jarred back. This was about ten miles in and the rest of the ride was a bit of a trial round Knottingley and Womersley leaing to a Ribena and jaffa cake stop at Morrisons petrol. So finished up feeing a tad sicky too. Still 30.3 miles done at a below par (for me least ways) 17.8 mph and a lesson learnt.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Went out today for a 30ish mile ride at about 5 and felt completely out of sorts. Not enough food eaten today and a bit of strenuous work leading to a touch of dehydration on top methinks. Anyways pleasant couple of miles riding with a chap from the Seacroft club then I went down the old A1 which had plenty of lane restrictions but no road works so I decided to ride on the inside of the cones so as not to get squashed by the heavy traffic, which went well until the cones ended with a few that were roped together! I didn't see this until the only thing to do was hit the rope and then the deck. What a fool! got away with a cut knee and a jarred back. This was about ten miles in and the rest of the ride was a bit of a trial round Knottingley and Womersley leaing to a Ribena and jaffa cake stop at Morrisons petrol. So finished up feeing a tad sicky too. Still 30.3 miles done at a below par (for me least ways) 17.8 mph and a lesson learnt.
Even with all that you're quicker than I've ever managed. Not bad going.:thumbsup:

flatflr

Guru
Set out after work for a 20 mile ride to focus on hills, managed to get in a load of the local hill experimenting with swapping between sipping and getting up out of the saddle and telling myself to follow rule 5, hard work but very pleased with myself and got personal bests on all but one of the hills:smile: Only downer was a visit from the fairy:angry: but swapped out the inner tube in about 5 mins (and didn't even need tyre leavers to get the tyre back on the rim).

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
A short ride (for me) with my brother today to test out the new saddle that he bought the other day. We headed out on my Acton Burnell route as I find it a good one for test rides plus it has a couple of escape routes if you need to shorten it for any reason.

Doug seems to like the Riva saddle and didn't get the problems that I had. The adjustment needed a few tweeks on the way as he was getting some numbness from about halfway round the ride. It'll need more mileage to see if that is sorted, but it looks promising.:thumbsup:

On the way home I had my third close pass in successive rides. An elderly couple in a Micra this time - they seriously could not have come any closer without actually hitting me.:eek: These things seem to come in threes, so I hope there'll be no more.:rolleyes:

17.1 miles done at 12.1mph average. No pics this time.

I fancied a ride last night but not too hard as it was :heat: and when I got back to the flat I saw a faceboke message from a mate saying he was going to spectate at the club TT. A relaxed ride I thought, Aye Right ;)

Edit: I rode up with the winner, who destroyed everyone on a borrowed 20 year old bike :bravo:I was a wee bit worried that for a warm run we were going a bit fast for him, perhaps we were going to slow! He'd had his front wheel taken out on a sprint last week and wrecked his bike henced the borrowed one!

Archeress

Veteran
Just a short ride today to Helfrauds for the bikes free service. Now marooned inThe Mall at Cribbs Causeway. Had my hair done, now enjoying coffee and toast in Starbucks. Set up a little camp in the corner, got my tablet and e-reader so I'm settled in. Maybe can get a ride in after the service, although knowing Helfrauds I'll need to look at the gear setup once I collect it.

Hugs
Archeress x

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
45 today, very warm but nice breeze. Would have been the full 50 had i not stopped to help a lost German tourist and after i pedalled off i turned right instead of left and missed a whole 5 mile loop out. I was miffed by the time i realised as i was nearly home. However proved i can do the distance with no ill effect, no chaffing, legs are ok and i topped up my tan.

Fab ride :cycle:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Forty five miles in thirty four degrees from somewhere to Litomèrice in the Czech Republic. Nine litres of fluids consumed -not all of them alcoholic.

evy8eza9.jpg

a9uqyvag.jpg

A difficult bridge to cross.

tyreduhy.jpg

Free roadside fruit.

6ezyregy.jpg

Salvation!

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
@vernon I am envious of those plums

V.mundane ride today, went to the shops, popped in to Post Office so User76 could say hello to Nana, User76 decided Nana was the best thing ever ever today (she is very contrary with peoples) left User76 "helping" to serve customers (I promise she did not ignore any by being on the phone behind the counter) whilst I rode home and put milk in fridge as she refused to get out of post office, rode back to post office made tea bribed User76 to come home.

The only bit of vague excitement was me noticing how light the trailer is to pull without User76 in it :eek:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
74 Miles today across the Cheshire Plain with @400bhp and @Origamist to The Tattenhall Ice Cream Farm. Met Origamist in Wilmslow and 400bhp at Ashley. Steady ride into a brisk headwind, obligatory 400bhp off road segment :whistle:. Rode through some stunning scenery including the road between Beeston and Peckforton castles. Weather was excellent, not too hot, but nice and sunny:sun: . Arrived at Tattenhall a bit early but it was already open with a few cyclists already there. During the refreshment stop another 30 or 40 cyclists must have arrived including the Graham Weigh club run. Having not been to the cafe before I was quite surprised to see how cycle popular it was.
Then a brisk ride back via Oulton Park, Hartford, Northwhich, Mere, Tatton and Mobberley.
Good company and a good ride. ^_^
Forgot a cake shot for @potsy at the cafe, but did inspired by him try a couple of action shots.

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom