Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
TooReturned to an old training run today - down thru' the middle of town, along the embankment and thru' Chelsea/Fulham to do a couple of turns round Richmond Park. Absolutely blissful day - not a cloud in sight, and only a light breeze. Ran into some commotion roundabout Westminster and asked a cop what was going on. 'Remembrance Day,' he said, leaving me feeling like a complete numpty. The Park was as bike-mad as I've ever seen it - absolutely heaving with the buggers - and some of them were impolite enough to overtake me, very bad form I thought.

Back thru' Chealsea, and suddenly there's about 200 Mods all over the place. Excellent! All in all a damn good ride, and tho' I certainly feel like I've had a run, I don't feel as wiped as after last week, so that's good.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Brace yourselves for another photo fest ! Had another cheeky ride out towards Astley Moss to catch the sun rise and mist but blimey it was cold and icy !!! Great ride and here are some of the pictures I took.
FBRideacrossAstleyMoss0_zpsf012ec96.jpg
FBRideacrossAstleyMoss1_zpsebd18896.jpg
FBRideacrossAstleyMoss4_zps558cc446.jpg
FBRideacrossAstleyMoss3_zps64b119cb.jpg
FBRideacrossAstleyMoss2_zps18757f79.jpg
FBRideacrossAstleyMoss5_zpsb6ba9592.jpg
FBRideacrossAstleyMoss6_zpsace63e52.jpg
FBRideacrossAstleyMoss10_zpsd5801894.jpg
FBRideacrossAstleyMoss11_zpsa4cb6ddc.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Quick spin out with my lad in the dark. 8.5 miles on the Trans Pennine trail.

Lights:-
Me 2xU2 and a Magicshine T6 on bars, and a U2 torch on the helmet. 4 high powered LED's
Son 3xT6 and a 2xU2 on bars and a U2 torch. 6 LEDs

Lets say it was like daylight. :becool: Saw just one fox in the distance. Scarpered when he saw us coming.

Well muddy again. 2 bikes now cleaned and lubed.

Berties

Fast and careful!
late night last night and a early rise took the dry start after last nights storms,headed out with the wind in front of me dodging the puddles as i treated my self and rode carbon,leaving the cx ride for tomorrow,cold but warm on the bike
with a dry summer it makes me laugh that there was 3 roads closed for works in a ten mile route,wading around in mud like pigs!!!
a couple of detours banged out 55 miles back to the rugby club for 2 mins silence at 11 then 10 miles home ,to do the family thing for the rest of the day

What a day to be on a bike! Beautiful! Into Hyde Park on my way to lunch I passed a whole load of two wheeled machines - sadly powered by petrol rather than porridge. The noise and the fumes were quite extraordinary. Their enthusiasm, however, was right up there!

After lunch I headed across the river and was so stunned that I stopped to take these pics. The irony that the car drivers had no idea what they were missing out on. This was quite spectacular. It took my breath away.

https://picasaweb.google.com/108733...authkey=Gv1sRgCMDt96PYn5Dc3AE&feat=directlink

14.1 miles in 1.10 with a top speed of 17.1 - still riding a muddy Brommie! (Explanation is here!!: http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?bl...;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=0;src=postname

How lucky am I to have been introduced to cycling? @arallsopp you are tops!!

Mice

Attachments

• 2 a Not so much fun.jpg
    2 a Not so much fun.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 2 River View.jpg
    2 River View.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 40
What a day to be on a bike! Beautiful! Into Hyde Park on my way to lunch I passed a whole load of two wheeled machines - sadly powered by petrol rather than porridge. The noise and the fumes were quite extraordinary. Their enthusiasm, however, was right up there!

After lunch I headed across the river and was so stunned that I stopped to take these pics. The irony that the car drivers had no idea what they were missing out on. This was quite spectacular. It took my breath away.

https://picasaweb.google.com/108733...authkey=Gv1sRgCMDt96PYn5Dc3AE&feat=directlink

14.1 miles in 1.10 with a top speed of 17.1 - still riding a muddy Brommie! (Explanation is here!!: http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?bl...;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=0;src=postname

How lucky am I to have been introduced to cycling? @arallsopp you are tops!!

Mice
Is the last one what they call a jam of traffic? I have heard of them, but don't really understand why they are all in a line and not moving, is there some pleasure to be had from this? It's just a little different here, I think about a dozen or maybe less cars passed us today, over 63 miles :smile:. Come and visit!

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
That's the load of Mods I saw down in the King's Road...must have been 1.30-ish. You're right - they were loud!

asterix

Comrade Member
Yesterday. Had a pleasant trip out round the Eastern edge of York, Stamford Bridge, Elvington and so on. My first outing on the venerable British Eagle Touristique for months, I had almost forgotten what a lovely ride and handling it has. Quite heavy but it is a machine that wants to be ridden to da max. Next trip, I'll be off to the Wolds.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Brace yourselves for another photo fest ! Had another cheeky ride out towards Astley Moss to catch the sun rise and mist but blimey it was cold and icy !!! Great ride and here are some of the pictures I took.
FBRideacrossAstleyMoss0_zpsf012ec96.jpg
FBRideacrossAstleyMoss1_zpsebd18896.jpg
FBRideacrossAstleyMoss4_zps558cc446.jpg
FBRideacrossAstleyMoss3_zps64b119cb.jpg
FBRideacrossAstleyMoss2_zps18757f79.jpg
FBRideacrossAstleyMoss5_zpsb6ba9592.jpg
FBRideacrossAstleyMoss6_zpsace63e52.jpg
FBRideacrossAstleyMoss10_zpsd5801894.jpg
FBRideacrossAstleyMoss11_zpsa4cb6ddc.jpg
Brilliant photos !

Frood42

I know where my towel is
Out to Abridge to the log cabin for a bit of breakfast. 40 mile round trip, 5 of us stopped for tea and bread pudding at High Beech at the end of the ride, the others all went straight home, unsocial lot.^_^
We seem to be collecting more ladies, which is good,

High Beech (up past Kings Oak pub) and Abridge are on my spring/summer commuting route into work, there are some nice quiet country roads around there, and some small hills as well. :thumbsup:

I am really tempted to go back to that route for my morning commute.

Second time with the 'new' club and it looks like they have managed to bring my "Club-Ride-Mojo" back (long lost after consistent bickering [mostly caused by Alpha Males' inflated egos], iCycle-village mentality, hidden agendas, politics and the All-Big-Fancy-Shiny-Bubble that sadly lacked substance). The people are nice and funny and they don't take themselves too seriously. We had a nutter and a laugh and a brilliant 45-mile ride to Hinxworth in glorious sunshine.
I really hope I am not in for yet another disappointment in due time. I really (really) do!!

I could go as far as mention that I had a fried egg and bacon sandwich, but I don't want to make you worry (well, the ones that now me that is).. I am sure it's just a phase. It will soon go and I will be craving chocolate cakes with icings and scones with almonds and cherries in no time! :mrpig:

IMG_0117.JPG

BRCC 101113.jpg

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Second time with the 'new' club and it looks like they have managed to bring my "Club-Ride-Mojo" back (long lost after consistent bickering [mostly caused by Alpha Males' inflated egos], iCycle-village mentality, hidden agendas, politics and the All-Big-Fancy-Shiny-Bubble that sadly lacked substance). The people are nice and funny and they don't take themselves too seriously. We had a nutter and a laugh and a brilliant 45-mile ride to Hinxworth in glorious sunshine.
I really hope I am not in for yet another disappointment in due time. I really (really) do!!

I could go as far as mention that I had a fried egg and bacon sandwich, but I don't want to make you worry (well, the ones that now me that is).. I am sure it's just a phase. It will soon go and I will be craving chocolate cakes with icings and scones with almonds and cherries in no time! :mrpig:

View attachment 32476

View attachment 32477
They look like a fun bunch. Hope the vibes continue to be as positive.

Wayne Tully

I was ok, probably as I was on my MTB,
Didn't get any abuse, maybe having a 7yr old in tow defused any would be situations,
Gonna be using the short route once or twice a week for my own personal benefit,
The roads were at their worst due to all the rain we've had in the last few days. lots of mud and debris

You'd think they would account for weather when planning a ride in November also some of the roads were far too narrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom