Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got out on the MTB for 23 miles around back lanes and some off-road. Was ridiculously windy and was getting blown all over the place. Didnt see many others out for some reason?
seen 7 others out today whilst we were driving home after collecting n+1

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Did a thirty two mile loop with two thousand feet of climbing from Wetherby through Spofforth, Harrogate and High Beckwithshaw where I decided to drop from the tops because of high winds blowing me up to five feet sideways - dropped down to Pool in Wharfdale before picking my way back to Wetherby via Harewood. Twenty of the miles were accompanied with high winds and some intense rain. The last ten miles were in the dark. I should have got my act together and set off in the morning when it was sunny and still.

Attachments

• 33 Brommies at Lunch.jpg
    33 Brommies at Lunch.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 103 Brommies at Syon Park.jpg
    103 Brommies at Syon Park.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 132 The Ride Leader and his very smart  cap.jpg
    132 The Ride Leader and his very smart cap.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 37

Paspie

Quick one-way two miler to the LBS for a service. I feel unfit already, was somehow exhausted even though some of it was a decline. But then I wouldn't say the geography of my area is ideal.

Hopefully this'll be just the start of things to come. :smile: Haven't riden out since September.

D

Deleted member 1258

Wimped out this morning, knackered today, did a lot of work on the back bedroom yesterday, when I got up the wind was blowing the trees horizontal, though its eased now, the bonus is my son and granddaughter are here, I wouldn't have seen them if I'd gone out.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
my ride today was a great walk around Fermyn Woods with my daughter and our cameras

moss.JPG mud.JPG

Combi

I saw this strange, bright yellow orb in the sky yesterday morning so I took a quick ride from Nailsea to Yatton and back. Winds were a bit inconsiderate; variable gusts made for a few unsteady moments, but otherwise it was a matter of going very, very slowly in some spots. Had a stiff headwind entering Yatton -- under 10mph on dead flat, straight roads that, under normal conditions, invite high-speed shenanigans.

Coming back was, predictably, a blast. :hyper:

Stuck to the turbo trainer today, as I've had enough of winds and rain for a few days. Until I get desperate again. :whistle:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Utter parp.

Got up got ready, bike had front flat tyre. replaced tube. adjusted chain (fixed). went around the block whilst waiting for my mates to come round. we gather. we waited on the last of our number. we set off. first left turn lurid slide from rear wheel. tyre flat. found puncture. removed piece of glass from tread. new tube. pump. out comes valve core. arrgh. different pump. out comes valve core. arrgh. "use my CO2". Psssh canister is nigh on empty. arrgh. "go without me", shoulders bike. plods home. threadlocks valve cores. breaks track pump. ARRGH.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Please don't take this as criticism but, why? That has to be the strangest route for 100 miles I have ever seen :wacko:, particularly when there is some fantastic cycling country just to the east of you :whistle:.

I was worried about the wind so wanted to stay close to home. Rutland way rides are planned for the summer. Oh and if you think that is the strangest 100 mile route you have ever seen, you obviously didn't see my January one ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom