Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Christopher

Über Member
For Sunday, rode out from Preston to Whalley, then to Dunsop Bridge, then up the paved bridleway to Footholme, then a bit of roughstuffing along a bridleway across the fell from Brennands Farm over to Whitendale - involved a lot of pushing. Riding downhill through a bog was interesting, had to get off several times and carry the bike over ditches and what I thought was rock was often deep sand, although the CX bike was well up to the terrain. Then back to Preston via Chipping and Longridge. Strong westerly headwind on the run-in wasn't much fun. Must take pics on these rides! Spectacular scenery as usual...

potsy

Rambler
Anyway cycling back into Oakham I bumped into this chap.. something familiar about him...
6BFC672C-F010-48FD-B870-BEF10B700763_zpsiv7pkifn.jpg
Don't recognise the geezer but those tyres look familiar :tongue:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Short ride today 4.81 miles to the shops along the bridleway outside my house, I was going to go for longer, but I donated platelets today and one is not supposed to do any thing too much afterwards, plus I always feel a bit tired, so I knocked it on the head. Pity though, its such a lovely day.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
In North Wales this week, and took the road bike rather than the MTB. Went out for a quick hilly 15 miles from Gronant, via Llanasa and then down into Dyserth before turning back. Family still in bed. Over 700 feet of climbing in first 3 miles from setting off, very nearly saw breakfast again. One stupid overtake on the main road into Dyserth, driver was nearly in a head on as he couldn't possibly slow down. I stuck my hand up as he also got honked at by the driver he nearly hit.

Cracking views, but they are on my phone....

potsy

Rambler
Did a recce ride for the new commute today, had to drop some forms in so rather than spend £1 on stamps I hand delivered them, 20 miles in the :sun:

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
The Scott had cried for help on Sunday, letting me down but letting me get home too. After a day of TLC yesterday she was purring and urging me to take her out, so it was on with the factor 50, short sleeves and shorts and off we went. I didn't have a particular route in mind, I had thought originally I would do the full route from Sundays aborted plan, but we turned inland instead and headed for the hills and villages around Cullompton and Hembury Fort. At this stage I didn't entirely know exactly where I was, the signposts weren't a great deal of help here either, but I'm a great believer that I wouldn't be that far from somewhere that I recognised the name of, eventually...
sign.jpg

There was one stiff maximum 20% climb to get up to and through the village of Sheldon but it wasn't too long. After that, fortified by a Peanut Butter Flapjack stop it was headwind most of the way so the extra energy was cancelled out! I descended into Honiton probably about 15kmh slower than usual and called in to my parents for a cuppa and slice of cake, I told them I had just popped over but it took 45km to get there instead of the 15km direct route...
Anyway, scenic but direct...ish route back added another 17km via the villages and lanes rather than main A roads, just as quick really, finally the wind was in my favour pushing me home.
Overall, 62k, 750m climbing, 22kmh average and sunburnt knees as well. Lovely. I think the Scott has forgiven me now, she's still purring. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom