"You're going too fast!"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smeg

Interesting commute again today, I was cycling into work this morning - a motorbike comes alongside me and the bloke says "you're going too fast!"
Eh? :rofl: That's a new one - was he having trouble keeping up or what? :biggrin: Makes a change from being called a prick by dim shoot teenagers and having disposable lighters thrown at me I guess. Funny thing was I don't think he said it as a joke. How can I be going too fast cycling, I was going something though was doing 25-30mph on the flat ;) must look a bit odd seeing someone bombing it on a touring bike rather than lycra clad on a racing bike, wire basket n' all on the back with work gear etc in it lol. Eat my dust. :blush:

On the way home some dumbass teenager went straight across the road into my path on some piece of crap bike along the Quay, the only reason I slowed down was cos' I knew he was going to do it (wasn't looking :wacko: in a world of his own like the peds further along) I shouted "Hey Dopey!" he was lucky I didn't have more to say than that with some colourful language added. What are those stupid looking shoot bikes with saddles right down low you see kids/teens riding, wobbling along like they do with their knees around their ears? :o) They look ridiculous.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
That is one strange post.

Obviously if you are going to fast you become a danger to the general public.

You said people were in a world of their own so if they are and you are riding recklessley or too fast a bit like what motorists do then you become a danger to them.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
A motorbike has better brakes?

Technically I don't know how fast the motorbike was going just that in the OP's post and I quote
On the way home some dumbass teenager went straight across the road into my path on some piece of crap bike along the Quay, the only reason I slowed down was cos I knew he was going to do it (wasn't looking ;) in a world of his own like the peds further along).

Garz

Squat Member
Miquel I dunno about strange posts but you are definitely increasing your strange replies.. you don't know anything about the incident as the OP wrote a condensed version. You would probably know enough if there was some footage. However there is none, so time to move on and get over it before starting a flame war!

OP
OP
smeg

smeg

Miquel In De Rain said:
That is one strange post.

Obviously if you are going to fast you become a danger to the general public.

You said people were in a world of their own so if they are and you are riding recklessley or too fast a bit like what motorists do then you become a danger to them.
How am I a danger to the general public on a busy main road? I wasn't going particularly fast along the quay side on the way home, and I do slow down when there's people around esp. when they're noticeably in cloud cuckoo land which a lot of them seem to be at the moment.

'What are those stupid looking shoot bikes with saddles right down low you see kids/teens riding, wobbling along like they do with their knees around their ears? :biggrin: They look ridiculous.'

They are just cyclists like you! Different kind of cycle but a cycle none the less.

Easily!

Firstly the physical threat that can and has been fatal

Secondly the perception of danger which is amplified as the difference between speeds increases.

Finally - you should be travelling at a speed in which you can safely stop - regardless.

OP
OP
smeg

smeg

Cunobelin said:
Finally - you should be travelling at a speed in which you can safely stop - regardless.
That's a bit vague to say the least, how fast is too fast? Who says I was going at a speed in an unsafe manner in which I couldn't safely stop? Or was that just meant as an example rather than directed at me personally?

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Garz said:
Miquel I dunno about strange posts but you are definitely increasing your strange replies.. you don't know anything about the incident as the OP wrote a condensed version. You would probably know enough if there was some footage. However there is none, so time to move on and get over it before starting a flame war!

I only know of the motorcyclist who advised the original poster to slow down as he was "going to fast".Perhaps it was a bit of friendly advice or perhaps it wasn't.Who knows.I was a bit concerned by the original posters attitude round people and as I see it around me every now and again I jumped to conclusions.Sorry.

Top Bottom