youth gear limits on the track

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Will1985

Über Member

bonj2

I think you should steer clear of races where the organisers dictate what gears you should use.
What are they going to try and dictate next, your hairstyle?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
bonj said:
I think you should steer clear of races where the organisers dictate what gears you should use.
What are they going to try and dictate next, your hairstyle?
It's even worse than that bonj, they also force you to use a fixed wheel. However, you'll be pleased to know that mudguards are banned.

bonj2

Smokin Joe said:
It's even worse than that bonj, they also force you to use a fixed wheel. However, you'll be pleased to know that mudguards are banned.

do they check?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
bonj said:
do they check?
Every track meeting has an official Mudguard Inspector. In cases where they suspect someone of trying to smuggle a pair in they are empowered to carry out an intimate body search.

Believe me, seeing some poor bugger having a pair of raceblades pulled roughly out of his arse is not a pretty sight.

Dave5N

Über Member
Smokin Joe said:
Every track meeting has an official Mudguard Inspector. In cases where they suspect someone of trying to smuggle a pair in they are empowered to carry out an intimate body search.

Believe me, seeing some poor bugger having a pair of raceblades pulled roughly out of his arse is not a pretty sight.

It's worse than that. Some top riders even pay other people to smuggle their mudguards in for them.

Luckily at our club we check the bikes after the race as well. Particularly the top three finishers.

As you know, Joe, the mudguards can confer a huge unfair advantage.

That's why some trackies hit speeds upwards of 40mph, and Bonj doesn't.

Top Bottom