YouTube embedding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
The new YouTube embedding is getting me into bother at work - YouTube's blocked here and any attempt to access it is flagged up and reported. That's fine, but the new video embedding on the forums is showing each post in a thread with a vid in it (or quoted with a vid in it) as an attempt by me to access a banned site!

There's probably not much that can be done about it, but it's probably going to mean that CC is excluded from my lunch-hour browsing from now on so that I avoid getting sacked!

Shaun

Founder
I'll ask on the XF developer forums to see if there's any way around it.

Have you tried using the mobile style?

benb

Evidence based cyclist
The new YouTube embedding is getting me into bother at work - YouTube's blocked here and any attempt to access it is flagged up and reported. That's fine, but the new video embedding on the forums is showing each post in a thread with a vid in it (or quoted with a vid in it) as an attempt by me to access a banned site!

There's probably not much that can be done about it, but it's probably going to mean that CC is excluded from my lunch-hour browsing from now on so that I avoid getting sacked!

Can you try and explain the situation to IT, and point out you only use it at lunchtime?

I'll ask on the XF developer forums to see if there's any way around it.
Have you tried using the mobile style?I'll give it a go tomorrow & let you know how it goes.

I gave this a try and it was I was still getting blocked messages for anybodies embedded video. The old site just didn't show them.

Can you try and explain the situation to IT, and point out you only use it at lunchtime?
I work in IT, but no - there's NO exception to banned sites. The IT Security team would laugh me back to my desk if I even asked!

Ours would laugh me to the front door while waiting for a black sack with my belongings in if I was to try it.

OP
OP
goo_mason

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I gave this a try and it was I was still getting blocked messages for anybodies embedded video. The old site just didn't show them.

Ours would laugh me to the front door while waiting for a black sack with my belongings in if I was to try it.

The Security staff would probably be waiting at my desk after I'd returned from IT Security to frogmarch me out the door!

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Well, that's reasonable of them.

On your mobile it is then!

Top Bottom