Yuk...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Local farmers have added manure, or whatever it is that they add, to the fields and damn it stinks. Not only that, I could taste it in the back of my mouth.

Yuk!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i swallowed what i hope was only a fly on commute home at lunch time must remember to keep mouth shut tonight on way home

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
This last couple of weeks loads of the houses on the rural part of my commute have been having their septic tanks emptied in the morning. Not a great appetiser for breakfast at the office.

Deb13b

Round here they use the "cleansed and sterilised" human sh*te. Apparently it's not harmful at all. But it absolutely stinks and you can't open your windows. Their licence to use it has expired but the council aren't enforcing it. 

Jezston

Über Member
I work next door to a farm.

Not only is the s*** in the air, it's also all over the road. And now it's all over my brand new bike :sad:

Bloody farmers. What do we need their 'food' for anyway?

EDIT Bloody hell have I posted that much?

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Round here they use the "cleansed and sterilised" human sh*te. Apparently it's not harmful at all. But it absolutely stinks and you can't open your windows. Their licence to use it has expired but the council aren't enforcing it. 

Thames Water used to sell that from Mogden (Treatment works that is now Heathrow T5) and Rammey Marsh (Treatment works near Waltham Abbey now houses)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Smell of the countryside - what's wrong with you all. TBH I'm lest used to it these days as I used to have a rural commute past lots of farms, oh and through one farm yard.

Deb13b

I don't mind the smell of the countryside, but I hate the smell of human sh*t. And that's what they use here. Bleurgh !

Davidc

Guru
Like Jezston I just wish the farmers would keep it off the roads.

Animal muck + Tone valley soil:

1. Stinks
2. Goes rock hard when it dries and it sticks to bikes (and cars) - they used to build walls with it.
3. When wet is a top class lubricant between wheels and road.

Really vile is when the stuff drips from the little tanker trailers it's taken to the fields in, and splashes into your face as you're riding.

Top Bottom