Zero has a friend...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
... after keeping my neighbours awake for the last 6 weeks, ragging at the bars in his hutch at 12 midnight, i have finally found Zero a friend.

they have gone to sleep

thank F*CK for that! i am no longer threatened with eviction and i can bin the letter from Environmental Protection! (i have to admit, had i been my own neighbour i would have complained too! it was really bad, he just wouldn't settle if he knew i was up)

:becool:

stevenb

Cute...
How loud are Ferrets? :becool:

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
stevenb said:
Cute...
How loud are Ferrets? :becool:

well, not that loud in themselves. they kind of chuckle to themselves when they are running around.

the problem is, Zero suffers from some kind of separation anxiety (well he was left to starve to death before i had him and the RSPCA rescued him when he was on death's doorstep), in that as soon as i put him in his hutch he wants to come back to me. consequently he would hold onto the bars of his hutch and "rag" them, which made this really loud noise. (hutch has a kind of chicken wire mesh on it and if you pull it, not only does the wire "twang" but the door bangs as there is a tiny gap). The last 2 nights he has been doing it for 2 hours at around midnight!

his hutch is on my balcony (i don't have a garden) i have an old lady below that complains if i even walk around my flat, and the noise was just awful. i was at my wits end, especially when i got the letter from the council. luckily, because she complains about every damn noise on the block, the council and police are sick of her calling them out and i was able to blag my way out of it but... i have to admit.. this is probably the one time when she did actually have a point.

good bloody job she cried wolf so many times.

but, bless, he has now snuggled up with his new mate and it looks like all my neighbours will get a peaceful nights sleep. :biggrin:

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Noodley said:
glad to hear of snuggles happening...could they not sleep with you? :becool:

i did actually try that! but Zero won't settle and was happily wondering around my room all night exploring my CD collection, boot collection, making sure that the bin was full of only rubbish, jumping on the bed just to make sure i was asleep... or not! and generally chuckling to himself.
by 1.30am i got fed up and put him back in his hutch. then my mum said, well, you made a mistake there, he'll always think you'll come out to get him now.

she wasn't far wrong was she!!!! why are mother's always right?

to be honest, he's so good around the house that if it wasn't for the fact that he has discovered he could get in the recliner to my settee (and now thinks is hilariously funny to pull the foam out... and won't forget it's there and has become obsessed with it) i would have left him out all the time and probably wouldn't have had the separate anxiety problem. it's a shame i had a recliner in my 3 seater because he doesn't bother with my two seater at all, he doesn't chew wires or anything and is toilet trained. It's just the fact that my settee cost a lot and it's the one thing i'm actually bothered about!

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
most hilariously, i didn't tell my bloke he had been in the bed, i just thought i'd change the bedding, only my bloke came over for a surprise visit the next evening and i forgot.

then very unusually he came to bed in a t'shirt. a black one! Zero is white and was malting. next day said fella was like "why am i covered in hair, you haven't had Zero in the bed have you?

What? :becool: Moi? :biggrin: don't be silly :biggrin:

and no, i don't let him give me kisses either :biggrin:

Noodley

buggi said:
It's just the fact that my settee cost a lot and it's the one thing i'm actually bothered about!

Bothered? Ferret face look bothered?

My experience of animals (and children): make an "issue" and grow an issue..

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
Noodley said:
Bothered? Ferret face look bothered?

My experience of animals (and children): make an "issue" and grow an issue..

yep, you are so right, i should let him get in there and have some fun, then see the look on my fella's face when he sits down and the settee collapses :becool::biggrin::biggrin:

then claim on the insurance for another one without a recliner.

Zero knows it means i will come over. he definitely does it the minute my back is turned. sometimes he looks at me to see if i'm watching. he's a clever little sod.

I used to have to walk whizz round the block for an hour every night to wear him out and keep rearranging his cage furniture to minimise clonking and banging, otherwise sleep was pretty impossible and my downstairs neighbour not impressed at all! In fact, he sounds like the male version of your neighbour, maybe we should introduce them, then they could move in together at yours, moan happily ever after, and I could walk around in peace!!! :-)

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
why can't they move into your neighbours? i'm not having both of them living here!!!!

or mine could come and live in your block and you could come and live in her flat :becool: (needs decorating by the way :biggrin:)

I've called Zero's friend Taffy coz he's welsh :biggrin:

buggi said:
why can't they move into your neighbours? i'm not having both of them living here!!!!

or mine could come and live in your block and you could come and live in her flat :becool: (needs decorating by the way :biggrin:)

I've called Zero's friend Taffy coz he's welsh :biggrin:

Well, I could not possibly uproot the cat, so I can't move into yours (plus, I've got enough decorating to do myself). Also, my neighbour's flat is quite small - I wouldn't want them to feel crammed, so surely, they would be much happier both living at yours!!! :biggrin:

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
definitely not, it's only one bedroomed. i know, let's trick him into coming over and then will will lock them in my concrete shed outside :becool:

then i can build stairs down to her flat, you can do the same and we will both have double the space.

they will be quite happy living in my concrete shed, moaning about the "power cut"

buggi said:
definitely not, it's only one bedroomed. i know, let's trick him into coming over and then will will lock them in my concrete shed outside :becool:

then i can build stairs down to her flat, you can do the same and we will both have double the space.

they will be quite happy living in my concrete shed, moaning about the "power cut"

I like the shed idea - why did you not lock yours up earlier?

I wouldn't even need to build stairs, just knock a doorway through downstairs - In fact, I might not bother and just keep his 1-bed flat for storage and visitor accommodation (probably take years to get the nicotine smell out anyway) and continue living in my 2-bed upstairs! Oh, it would be heaven - I could stamp about in the middle of the night, I could walk the stairs as often as I wanted, I would be allowed to open my bedroom drawers in the middle of the night, I would no longer be confronted with 5-bar gates telling me how often I turn my taps on, no diaries would be kept about what time I go to bed and how many times I use the kettle... PEACE, finally!!!!

Please can we get this shed plan on the road asap???????

OP
OP
buggi

buggi

Bird Saviour
punkypossum said:
I like the shed idea - why did you not lock yours up earlier?

I wouldn't even need to build stairs, just knock a doorway through downstairs - In fact, I might not bother and just keep his 1-bed flat for storage and visitor accommodation (probably take years to get the nicotine smell out anyway) and continue living in my 2-bed upstairs! Oh, it would be heaven - I could stamp about in the middle of the night, I could walk the stairs as often as I wanted, I would be allowed to open my bedroom drawers in the middle of the night, I would no longer be confronted with 5-bar gates telling me how often I turn my taps on, no diaries would be kept about what time I go to bed and how many times I use the kettle... PEACE, finally!!!!

Please can we get this shed plan on the road asap???????

and i wouldn't get the cops called on me for painting or get banged out for ...ahem... banging :becool: if ya know what i mean!

yep, they can sit in my concrete box comparing diaries. I really thought no one had the same problem as me. maybe we should start a support group!

Top Bottom