Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran
Here's the collated results from last night. I'll update the league shortly.

At the top, Bridgy continues his fine form and Lee demonstrates that the small guys can TT with the best of them. Myself and Lars show that giants can indeed overcome the Zwift laws of aerodynamics and be competitive. There were close battles throughout with most of us within 10-20 secs of a fellow rider/rival.

Well done everyone - a great turnout last night. If we keep that up we may be able to organise a TTT handicap race like the good old days on BKool ^_^

TT.png

Well that didn’t go to plan so missed out on group ride. Had a great idea of nicking the group set off my turbo bike and swapping with winter bike as it’s better. Was a lot more involved than first thought. Mechanical to di2 is fine. Di2 to mechanical not so straight forward.

I am anyway back in the zwift game and keen to join the next meet up or league if times are ok

peterob

Veteran
In other news......

My strong pre-holiday rides from November have now expired as far as ZP results are concerned and I've finally been demoted to Cat B. I'm happy with that tbh as now I should have some good company on the H&H races rather than being Colonel Decker* and just trying to follow the A-Team for as long as possible.

* Generation X reference there

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
The good thing about doing the meet up race as a TT is that as long as we all use TT bikes which don't draft, it means anyone who can't make the live meet up/race can do the same stage on their own any time without any advantage or disadvantage - although seeing another cyclechatter on screen bearing down on you - Lee in my case - is definitely a motivational advantage! I don't think I've ever exceeded 300 watts for 45 minutes on the Neo before last night's ride!

Having said that, we had such a good turnout I think we should try and make it a regular thing and it would be good to try as a normal race with drafting too - even though that format makes it harder to get a time for the stage if you can't make the live race time.

Is Thursday at 6.30 or 7pm a good time for most people? Maybe we could run the same race as a meet up on a Tuesday and a Thursday to give as many people as possible the chance to do it? (you'd only need to do one of the races though). I don't mind arranging the meetups as I think I am now followed by most people who might want to be involved. I am just wondering if a meet up will work if I set it up but don't actually turn up to ride it?! Might need to do an experiment to find that one out...

peterob

Veteran
The good thing about doing the meet up race as a TT is that as long as we all use TT bikes which don't draft, it means anyone who can't make the live meet up/race can do the same stage on their own any time without any advantage or disadvantage - although seeing another cyclechatter on screen bearing down on you - Lee in my case - is definitely a motivational advantage! I don't think I've ever exceeded 300 watts for 45 minutes on the Neo before last night's ride!

Having said that, we had such a good turnout I think we should try and make it a regular thing and it would be good to try as a normal race with drafting too - even though that format makes it harder to get a time for the stage if you can't make the live race time.

Is Thursday at 6.30 or 7pm a good time for most people? Maybe we could run the same race as a meet up on a Tuesday and a Thursday to give as many people as possible the chance to do it? (you'd only need to do one of the races though). I don't mind arranging the meetups as I think I am now followed by most people who might want to be involved. I am just wondering if a meet up will work if I set it up but don't actually turn up to ride it?! Might need to do an experiment to find that one out...
Personally I really enjoyed last nights race (looking back anyway!) - it felt a lot more like the old private races we had in BKool. I certainly enjoyed it more than the recent H&H races, but that may be because starting in Cat A I wasn't able to catchup/see most CC'ers. Seeing familiar faces (well names) on the leaderboard last night gives an extra incentive to eek out a bit more effort.

Maybe we can alternate between standard and TT bikes. Each have their own set of tactics requirements :rolleyes:. Thursday at 6:30 seemed to work well for a lot of us last night.

Sounds like I missed a good one.
I’m up for a 7 o’clock one as struggle to get ready for 6.30 one but I understand most do like that time :okay:

bobinski

Legendary Member

300w for 45 min? WOW! Very impressive Paul.

I may have been looking at you all from a long way back but great to be part of the old bkool style races.

7pm is easier for me if that works for most.

mjd1988

Guru
In other news......

My strong pre-holiday rides from November have now expired as far as ZP results are concerned and I've finally been demoted to Cat B. I'm happy with that tbh as now I should have some good company on the H&H races rather than being Colonel Decker* and just trying to follow the A-Team for as long as possible.

* Generation X reference there

There was a tv show before the 2010 film?!? :okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Having others on course had no impact upon me, I was just concentrating on the green names to the side. So having a totally private route is unnecessary.

It would be interesting to draft with non racers trying to take a little breather whilst keeping an eye on the green competition :smile:
I'd quite like to see this too. Luck would also play a part, as you might end up getting in a draft behind someone who could drag you along, or equally another CCer could get a draft and drop me. Will make tactics interesting and keep concentration up.

Prefer 6:30 as a time (at the moment) but I think to allow everyone to have a chance to experience the group rides, we could flick between 6:30 and 7:00 as alternative rides. So long as those who can't make a meet up can still do the race/stage I think that is fine :okay:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Yeah, overjoyed and relieved to be honest. Consultant pleased enough to over rule physiotherapist and agree rowing and gym work (closed leg presses) saying I am ahead of schedule. I just have to watch the Patella- it cane on last night just after the start when I decided to chase you lot at 8w/k :rolleyes: I got out the saddle and that’s a no no for a while yet .
Your looking bloody strong- you are gonna wip the boy in the Alps unless he ups his training :smile:

I think that’s it :biggrin:

It ain't gonna happen. You know kids, always on the gameboy :smile:

Bait :biggrin:

Good thing I don’t bite to easy isn’t it! ^_^

I could actually be in a bit of trouble this summer... I hate to admit it but I was thinking about it last night after yet another aborted ride... grrrr

The last few months haven’t exactly been ideal. But, such is life :smile:

Top Bottom