Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I used Loctite 641 which is medium stregth retaining compound. It`s been worked well but probably need to redo that treatment occasionally. These indoor trainers stress bottom brackets quite a lot so i am not suprised about those creaking noises.

I have ditched pressfit BB's now. English thread all the way :biggrin:

JuhaL

Guru
I have ditched pressfit BB's now. English thread all the way :biggrin:
Good to play it safe with these issues :okay:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Frigging LBS’s :angry:

8 days ago put best bike in for service, fit new aero handlebar, redo/tidy hydraulic cables , new tape etc. Still not done as of yesterday. Told to collect end of day and will need new chain because buckled. It’s not ready. Ride arranged today so I am waiting outside as doors open. Guess what? Tape not done, cables not done and the buckled chain? Quick link not set properly after chain removed to clean. WTF. So, no IRL ride today, what would have been first in 4 months. So, so p***ed.
Gorgeous day too.

JuhaL

Guru

8 days ago put best bike in for service, fit new aero handlebar, redo/tidy hydraulic cables , new tape etc. Still not done as of yesterday. Told to collect end of day and will need new chain because buckled. It’s not ready. Ride arranged today so I am waiting outside as doors open. Guess what? Tape not done, cables not done and the buckled chain? Quick link not set properly after chain removed to clean. WTF. So, no IRL ride today, what would have been first in 4 months. So, so p***ed.
Gorgeous day too.
It's great that service is easily available when you need it but it's unforgiven that quality of service is poor where you least expect.

Norry1

Legendary Member

Gorgeous day too.

Nightmare. That would hack me off majorly.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

Gorgeous day too.

You could of sent it to me and return in that time. Or ridden it to me quicker.

Tommy is your local man for bike mechanical s

berty bassett

Legendary Member

Gorgeous day too.
Better day tomorrow and getting even better - look on the bright side

bobinski

Legendary Member
Better day tomorrow and getting even better - look on the bright side

Yeah life is funny sometimes. Just after I got back home got an excited call from the eldest in Sri Lanka to say he had just been swimming with Whales! I would have missed that if I had been out on the bike.
Tomorrow looks amazing

:sun:

LBHIFI

Veteran
I used Loctite 641 which is medium stregth retaining compound. It`s been worked well but probably need to redo that treatment occasionally. These indoor trainers stress bottom brackets quite a lot so i am not suprised about those creaking noises.
Same one I used^_^

Breedon

Legendary Member

Gorgeous day too.
That's apaling service Bob is this the only one near you, maybe it's time to start doing some things yourself now the only thing I would worry about is doing the hydraulic brakes myself but if you don't do it you don't learn

bobinski

Legendary Member
That's apaling service Bob is this the only one near you, maybe it's time to start doing some things yourself now the only thing I would worry about is doing the hydraulic brakes myself but if you don't do it you don't learn

It was the hydraulics that would be beyond me, cutting, bleeding, routing through bar etc. Not the only shop but best one had a 3 week wait- I can see why.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
That crap @bobinski, I must admit that I am really glad to have an ex British cycling head mechanic running his service only 'shop' nearby. Repairs, and parts fitted ''Rght' and done when he said they would be.

bobinski

Legendary Member
That crap @bobinski, I must admit that I am really glad to have an ex British cycling head mechanic running his service only 'shop' nearby. Repairs, and parts fitted ''Rght' and done when he said they would be.

Cadence at Crystal Palace are excellent. There’s a very good local mobile mechanic service I have used before and I forgot to call them. Oh well.
Glorious weather!

Top Bottom