Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
It probably isn't fair that you just had a 126 mile 10,000 feet warm up ride.
Nonsense Randy, that just goes to show that - unlike me - he has time to get some good training rides in. It's an advantage if anything :whistle:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Really enjoyed my IRL ride yesterday.

Why is it I can do 900W sprinting outside but struggle to get much above 700W indoors on the turbo?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Really enjoyed my IRL ride yesterday.

Why is it I can do 900W sprinting outside but struggle to get much above 700W indoors on the turbo?
Your powermeter/turbo trainer combo? You may see a difference when you get a smart trainer.

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member
I use the same Powermeter inside and outside (P1 Pedals). I wonder if it is because I can throw the bike around outside and generate power from body/arms as well?

Whorty

Go on. You'll enjoy the satisfaction of completing it that way, the riding not so much :unsure:
Have had a few things I needed to do today so won't get on now until later - probably not enough time now to do 2 climbs up Alpe. I'll go up once and then see how much time I have left after that.

Whorty

I use the same Powermeter inside and outside (P1 Pedals). I wonder if it is because I can throw the bike around outside and generate power from body/arms as well?
Maybe, but I was thinking, outside you have wind drag, slight inclines etc, that will work against you and mean need to put out more power, but indoors these are all fixed on a dumb trainer.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Hmm still walking like John Wayne at minute ! Gonna sit on bike to see how it feels but there is another h and h ride weds if legs are still sulking

Top Bottom