Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Breedon

Legendary Member
its not you -- its me !! apparently i have turned into my dad ! who was known for being a moody old sod :rolleyes:
We'll get on well lee, my wife says exactly the same thing about me :tongue:

bobinski

Legendary Member
Will you two get a room! Actually you can share a room ^_^

Dean, Alps my preference but only room for 8 not 12 and only one mini bus not two So Pyrenees ^_^ is better practical option. Or TWO trips:ohmy::laugh:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Lee you doing Lejog? I'm hoping to do it I was planning on doing it solo, slightly haphazard arrangement, about 70-80 miles a day and stopping in B&B's. I have Carradice saddle bag for my kit. Don't really need to carry alot. Spare kit, one pair of day clothes, just wash each night. 12-14 days

See some sights, on way :smile:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Lee you doing Lejog? I'm hoping to do it I was planning on doing it solo, slightly haphazard arrangement, about 70-80 miles a day and stopping in B&B's. I have Carradice saddle bag for my kit. Don't really need to carry alot. Spare kit, one pair of day clothes, just wash each night. 12-14 days

See some sights, on way :smile:

I did this with my brother in 2011 and it was brilliant - I'd only just taken up cycling so it was a challenge. We took picturesque routes which took longer but were absolutely cracking. We kept a blog / website if anyone is interested - it has all the routes in it.

http://norrybroslejog.weebly.com/

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I did this with my brother in 2011 and it was brilliant - I'd only just taken up cycling so it was a challenge. We took picturesque routes which took longer but were absolutely cracking. We kept a blog / website if anyone is interested - it has all the routes in it.

http://norrybroslejog.weebly.com/

Excellent, I'll take a look and check your route. Just need to decide early or late summer, then book B&Bs Wife will be so pleased to see that back of me for 2 weeks.^_^

Breedon

Legendary Member
Wow good luck to both lee and Andy, Lee are you doing it by your self ss well.

The only adventure I thought about doing is some cycling around Scotland using camp sites as a Base Camp but doing it by myself scares the crap out of me as you never know what's going to happen.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Wow good luck to both lee and Andy, Lee are you doing it by your self ss well.

The only adventure I thought about doing is some cycling around Scotland using camp sites as a Base Camp but doing it by myself scares the crap out of me as you never know what's going to happen.
That's the best part. No societal safety nets. You get to meet some characters :unsure:.

I did a solo three week tour of scandanavia by motorbike, about 6 months after passing my test in 2007. Great away from it all holiday :thumbsup:. No worrying about tomorrow, even though I had a couple of issues with a broken crash helmet visor :cursing: (duct tape is very adaptable). I met people from all over Europe and the World, you are seen as approachable when on your own, even if you want to be Norman no mates :banghead:.

I went back the following year for 2 weeks just to ride down Route 17 :thumbsup:.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I also done Lejog a few years ago but made a few mistakes on the routing
Done it supported and loved it - the further north you go the better it gets
Done northcoast 500 this year unsupported but b&bs what would have been fantastic but weather was against me and it turned into a nightmare ( still bruised after 2 months )
I would like to think I will leave my house and head north to jog the point south to lands end then back to home
Not gonna book b&b this time as you are tied to a deadline
Hoping son will drive my van loaded with camping kit , send him ahead looking for somewhere to stop
Hoping minimum 100 a day for 20 days but that's why I want a month off just in case
Andy - I also have gpx files somewhere but was a more direct route and didn't like Preston or around Manchester area - few bits I want to change but nipped to arran and loved from there on
Scotland is something else and if I thought I could make it pay I would move north Scotland tomorrow
West would take some getting used to with the midges but the scenery is something else

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I just mentioned it to wife, shes not best pleased saying I have to do organised ride. Don't really fancy that, a bit too direct route, 11 days or so. i would like to pick true country lanes, meander! I see I have a battle on my hands

berty bassett

Legendary Member
theres a lot do it the almost traffic free way but you need a robust bike for that - flattish as it uses canal paths
trouble with country lanes is more hilly and with thin roads and high hedges they aint always the safest
i snuck up the east coast once what missed a lot of busy areas out but you have to go up and over Aliston moor
enjoyed it more than through Warrington where i was in the right hand lane of 3 lanes expecting the grim reaper riding an audi to invade my space at any time

Top Bottom