Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
:okay: cycling is my escape from reality, and you guys make it even more 'enjoyable' (assuming pushing so hard you want to vom, like i did last night, is enjoyable xx( )

If anyone interested I'll be racing at 5:05 today. Innsbruck 2 laps. Hopefully be a bit less painful than NY last night :tongue:
I ride today 1 lap of 2018 UCI Worlds short lap. Didn't remember how hot Zwifting can be in a summer. I have big floor fan but it doesn't help much. Clothes are soaking wet and on a mat is a nice pool of sweat. Strava said that my effort was my 3-week average but it felt more like higher than average.

Del C

Veteran
So many people have a chest infection that is lingering - really strange for this time of year.

As for the Mrs ... she's entering the advanced stage of her MS so unless some clever boffin comes up a cure she's only going to get worse. Almost weekly she's going down hill which is a strain to be sure. Even simple things are impossible now but hey, we crack on :thumbsup:
So sad to read stuff like this. Life isn't always fair.

It would be so good if we could find a cure or better ways to manage conditions like this.

Hope your wife and you can make the best of the crap hand she's been played.

Del C

Veteran
I've learnt from past experience, not to do exercise when recovering from chest infections. All it does is push the infection deeper into lungs. Wait it out, use menthol oils to keep the airways flowing. Wife thinks Ive got shares in Polo mints :biggrin:
Took me around 4 weeks to properly clear my chest infection.

I started on the turbo after around 2 weeks but kept it very gentle.

Managed to go to Mallorca in week 4 and by then I was almost ok. I could ride normally but any big climb resulted in coughing and phlegm.

All seems ok now.

I've spoken to a few people who seem to have had similar illnesses over the last few months.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

Managed to go to Mallorca in week 4 and by then I was almost ok. I could ride normally but any big climb resulted in coughing and phlegm.

All seems ok now.

I've spoken to a few people who seem to have had similar illnesses over the last few months.

I've noticed quite a few riders devoid of Strava posts. If I keep improving, next week should see me pootling on Zwift

bobinski

Legendary Member

All seems ok now.

That’s encouraging given I fly out to the Alps on Thursday :smile:

peterob

Veteran
I rode the Everything Bagel route earlier. Man, is that tough to do solo. Although the advantage of there been hardly anyone else on the course meant that I simultaneously held the sprint jersey and both of the polkadot jersey's ^_^. It's difficult to push yourself when there's no-one else about.

Unfortunately choosing the Everything Bagel route didn't include the 'Lamont Championship 2019' segment, so I have taken the time I completed the 'Everything Bagel (Zwift Insider Verified)' segment (1:02:03) and extrapolated to the length of the Lamont segment, to give me a time of 1:03:57.

League table updated with mine and Rob's time....
June.png

peterob

Veteran
:okay: cycling is my escape from reality, and you guys make it even more 'enjoyable' (assuming pushing so hard you want to vom, like i did last night, is enjoyable xx( )

If anyone interested I'll be racing at 5:05 today. Innsbruck 2 laps. Hopefully be a bit less painful than NY last night :tongue:
Hope you had a good ride earlier Whorty.

Your'e right that cycling can be an 'escape'. Although nothing like your situation, even just commuting to/from work helps alleviate the stresses that work can bring, and I arrive home in a much better frame of mind than I used to previously :smile:

Alongo

Guru
Has your general condition changed alongo? Are you racing more, less, or the same amount as you were at your recent strongest? Have you done a hard ride the last couple of days?
Did a sweet spot session last night and try to include a bit of low level endurance but have become a lot less focussed and don’t really have a plan at moment. Lots of variable “ life gets in the way “ stuff going on , which I know we all have .
After getting cramp in last weeks race and feeling the effort last night was a lot harder than the numbers showed I am a bit confused , usually pretty good at gauging efforts , hence investigating trainer resistance etc .
Might try an easy week as I may just be going through the motions at the moment .

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

In ZP I came 18/20 in Cat B. Ave power was 3.1 w/kg / 233 watts which is C level. Saying that though, had I been in C cat I would have won so it still feels right that I'm racing in B. I'd rather be fighting at the back of B, than winning C all the time :okay: Makes me work harder, so that's got to be good :training:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Hope you had a good ride earlier Whorty.

Your'e right that cycling can be an 'escape'. Although nothing like your situation, even just commuting to/from work helps alleviate the stresses that work can bring, and I arrive home in a much better frame of mind than I used to previously :smile:
Yes, certainly enjoyed the blast around Innsbruck more than I did NY last night xx( Set lots of PBs, but given I don't ride Innsbruck that often I guess it's not too surprising. Was very brave of you to do that route on your own :notworthy:

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Did a sweet spot session last night and try to include a bit of low level endurance but have become a lot less focussed and don’t really have a plan at moment. Lots of variable “ life gets in the way “ stuff going on , which I know we all have .
After getting cramp in last weeks race and feeling the effort last night was a lot harder than the numbers showed I am a bit confused , usually pretty good at gauging efforts , hence investigating trainer resistance etc .
Might try an easy week as I may just be going through the motions at the moment .

I’m no expert n training routines or anything similar like that by any means. But I have sort of worked out what works for me (I think). One thing is I’m crap at recovery. It seems other people can go day after day and sustain a much better output than me.
So I’ve accetped a while ago that through the week I go through peaks and troughs. And try and manage my week so I arrive at the certain points in the best condition. Other times I have to accept fatigue will be there. There was a point recently where I topped out at about 70 flights of stairs a day average which was also a consideration to factor in.
I suppose that’s my long winded way of saying, recognise what works best for you. If you can’t implement the routine you had when at your strongest for whatever reason / outside influence. Then I guesss that’s your starting point. I have a feeling in your case you just need to find more consistency and regularity and perhaps motivation to your riding and the results will come back.

That’s my two cents worth anyway!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Andy - how’s the cold going ? Can you see the other side yet

Slowly improving. I did some manual work at the weekend- I know shocker:laugh:

Coughing up loads of green, struggling to breath. :sad:

My week is full with daughter moving home then onto new flat in between car repairs and selling new build as a swimming pool :ohmy:

I think it will be the weekend before I attempt to turn a pedal.

Top Bottom