Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran
No appetite for it this week I’m afraid Bridgy. We fly out Saturday and I think I’m best to just chill out this week. But be prepared for a boat load of pictures of myself and @berty bassett in various states of exhaustion over the following week. I’m about to find out if I’ve done enough work over the last couple of months to survive 7 days in the alps... :huh:.

And when we come back (assuming we come back!) we can start making plans for next years trip. To which you’re all invited of course. The plan is a team cyclechat attack on mont ventoux. Probably a long weekend in either late May June or July. Depending on what works best. So hopefully you guys take a look at some of the pics we’ll put up of our alps trip in the meet-ups thread. Mull it over. And think about joining us next year :hugs:
Have a great trip guys. Reckon I could be up for a CC Ventoux assault next year. Never done anything like that before so it would give me some focus :okay:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I was trying to think of an excuse for tonight and my prayers have been answered - got to go and look at a bike box for future travels - and anyway - if lankynuts ain’t doing it , I’m not ! - it’s just not fair

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
@berty bassett @TurboTommy Have a good one, I hope weather isnt too hot-forecast mega heatwave:heat:

Screenshot_20190625-175009_Weather&Radar.jpg

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I couldn't hack the heat when I went. Lots of fluids. Get up the mountain early :okay:

Thanks Andy. Last year in the Pyrenees it was probably hotter than it’s being forecasted to be this year. Not that 30 degrees isn’t blistering! Last year I made some rookie errors. The biggest one was putting sun cream on my forehead. I’m sure either bob or lee has the pictures of the results somewhere and will be more than happy to share ^_^

Second one was not getting out early enough. You are spot on there. It’s easy in a big ish group to find yourself waiting for other people to get out. Not making that mistake again either hopefully!

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Thanks Andy. Last year in the Pyrenees it was probably hotter than it’s being forecasted to be this year. Not that 30 degrees isn’t blistering! Last year I made some rookie errors. The biggest one was putting sun cream on my forehead. I’m sure either bob or lee has the pictures of the results somewhere and will be more than happy to share ^_^

Second one was not getting out early enough. You are spot on there. It’s easy in a big ish group to find yourself waiting for other people to get out. Not making that mistake again either hopefully!
Still remember the screams ^_^
Deffo up for getting out early

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
@peterob my time on TT ride was 48:12

Averaged 225 watts. Find that quite hard tonight.

Milzy

Guru
Tiring race there. Especially for the over time king.
If I had set trainer difficulty to 0% I could have won that with those down hills. ;)
I’m on Zone 2 & rest now until my 110 mile charity ride on Saturday.

Del C

Veteran
Yes it was bloody hot in my garage.

I think I took more time to cool down after my shower than the time I actually spent in the shower!

@bridgy I'm assuming this is the segment we're using? https://www.strava.com/segments/17072321?filter=overall

My time was 49.26 @peterob

Average power was 243W versus @Whorty at 225W, but he finished on 48.12! I'm guessing he may have lost some weight? :laugh:
Well I’m blaming you! I just could not close the gap! 50.05 @peterob for me.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Yes it was bloody hot in my garage.

I think I took more time to cool down after my shower than the time I actually spent in the shower!

@bridgy I'm assuming this is the segment we're using? https://www.strava.com/segments/17072321?filter=overall

My time was 49.26 @peterob

Average power was 243W versus @Whorty at 225W, but he finished on 48.12! I'm guessing he may have lost some weight? :laugh:
I set my trainer at 100% which means downhills = low watts resulting in a lower average. Not sure if this makes any difference :scratch: I know there is no way I could hold 243 on a flat course like that though :sweat:

Don't forget too ... I'm a short-@rse so I have great low air resistance (in Zwift anyway :rofl: )

Top Bottom