Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Just checked on Strava and my splits were:

Lap 1 : 15:49
Lap 2 : 16:09
Lap 3 : 16:12

Not too bad actually. I thought I was fading but I only lost 23 seconds between my fastest and slowest laps.

Milzy

Guru
I set my trainer at 100% which means downhills = low watts resulting in a lower average. Not sure if this makes any difference :scratch: I know there is no way I could hold 243 on a flat course like that though :sweat:

Don't forget too ... I'm a short-@rse so I have great low air resistance (in Zwift anyway :rofl: )
I had a bike fit by the current world 24 h TT champion Andy Jackson at Peak performance.
That’s like losing a couple of inches in height ;)

bridgy

Legendary Member
Yes it was bloody hot in my garage.

I think I took more time to cool down after my shower than the time I actually spent in the shower!

@bridgy I'm assuming this is the segment we're using? https://www.strava.com/segments/17072321?filter=overall

My time was 49.26 @peterob

Average power was 243W versus @Whorty at 225W, but he finished on 48.12! I'm guessing he may have lost some weight? :laugh:
Not that segment no - it's this one (which we used when we did this same stage a while back) - https://www.strava.com/segments/12211763?filter=overall

So that we all have the times for the same segment, I think they are as follows @peterob :

Bridgy - 45.10
@Milzy - 45.44
@Whorty - 48.12
@Del C - 48.22
@bert1971 - 49.00
@rob01792 - 54.14

Whorty

Not that segment no - it's this one (which we used when we did this same stage a while back) - https://www.strava.com/segments/12211763?filter=overall

So that we all have the times for the same segment, I think they are as follows @peterob :

Bridgy - 45.10
@Milzy - 45.44
@Whorty - 48.12
@Del C - 48.22
@bert1971 - 49.00
@rob01792 - 54.14
Doesn't look so bad now @Del C :okay: You might be re-doing this one to try and gain back those 10 seconds .... and I may (:laugh:) be re-doing stage 2 to try and get back the missing minutes :eek:

bridgy

Legendary Member
46:43 here.
Went out too hard, dropped off near the end.
I was making a really concsious effort to pace myself and avoid going off too hard - it took quite a bit of self discipline to ignore you disappearing off up the road and hold myself back while I was still fresh! Seemed to work OK though. My first lap was still the fastest but I only lost 18 seconds on the second and 10 more on the last

Del C

Veteran

Del C

Veteran
I was making a really concsious effort to pace myself and avoid going off too hard - it took quite a bit of self discipline to ignore you disappearing off up the road and hold myself back while I was still fresh! Seemed to work OK though. My first lap was still the fastest but I only lost 18 seconds on the second and 10 more on the last
I was watching you two on the right hand leaderboard.

I held you at bay for, um, er.......... at least 45 seconds, then settled into a pace I hoped I could maintain, which I pretty much did. I could see you for a long time as you have an enormous beacon shining out of your head, which was up the road ahead of me for quite some time. :laugh:

I could see you closing in on, and then sitting behind Adam by about 7 - 10 seconds for a long time. Looked like you were pacing and waiting for the right time to attack.

Brendan was behind me. I got a 20 second gap early on, which then varied between 15 and 30 seconds for a long time, before I managed to pull out a few more seconds on the last lap. It's interesting seeing the time fluctuate, one moment thinking you're getting away and the next looking like you're being reeled in. Certainly acts as a motivator.

bridgy

Legendary Member
No appetite for it this week I’m afraid Bridgy. We fly out Saturday and I think I’m best to just chill out this week. But be prepared for a boat load of pictures of myself and @berty bassett in various states of exhaustion over the following week. I’m about to find out if I’ve done enough work over the last couple of months to survive 7 days in the alps... :huh:.

And when we come back (assuming we come back!) we can start making plans for next years trip. To which you’re all invited of course. The plan is a team cyclechat attack on mont ventoux. Probably a long weekend in either late May June or July. Depending on what works best. So hopefully you guys take a look at some of the pics we’ll put up of our alps trip in the meet-ups thread. Mull it over. And think about joining us next year :hugs:
Enjoy the trip guys! I'm working on my pass for Ventoux next year!

bridgy

Legendary Member
I was watching you two on the right hand leaderboard.

I held you at bay for, um, er.......... at least 45 seconds, then settled into a pace I hoped I could maintain, which I pretty much did. I could see you for a long time as you have an enormous beacon shining out of your head, which was up the road ahead of me for quite some time. :laugh:

I could see you closing in on, and then sitting behind Adam by about 7 - 10 seconds for a long time. Looked like you were pacing and waiting for the right time to attack.

Brendan was behind me. I got a 20 second gap early on, which then varied between 15 and 30 seconds for a long time, before I managed to pull out a few more seconds on the last lap. It's interesting seeing the time fluctuate, one moment thinking you're getting away and the next looking like you're being reeled in. Certainly acts as a motivator.
I didn't really "attack", I was just looking at the watts and trying to hold it at 280-300 watts as I knew this was what I could potentially manage as an average. When I caught and passed Adam would have been more down to him tiring than me attacking

Whorty

I didn't really "attack", I was just looking at the watts and trying to hold it at 280-300 watts as I knew this was what I could potentially manage as an average. When I caught and passed Adam would have been more down to him tiring than me attacking
280-300 average :notworthy: That's my sprint :sweat:

Top Bottom