Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran
39:44 please @peterob

What happened at the start Pete? When I went passed you, on the ramp up to the start banner, you seemed to be pushing 3.3 w/kg yet your avatar was standing still. Very strange :wacko: When you got going again, and came past me, I tried to hang on but just not enough in the legs :notworthy:

Well done all. Very busy on the course tonight so didn't see many of you.

Edit : corrected as got wrong segment.
I'm not sure what happened at the start - like you saw, I was putting out watts but the legs weren't pedalling and I was just drifting along. I had to do a quick restart. Not seen that before.

Good seeing you on the road @Whorty - it's been a while since we've shared the virtual tarmac ^_^

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
On a side note I’m not keen on that course. Is it me or is it always overpopulated because if it’s size?

Brusgaard

Über Guru
did you win the pinarello? I spotted that last night.

You get the F8 when you do the Tour Italy challenge. When you reach Treviso (home of Pinarello) , it's unlocked, which explains why I rode it last week. Must have unlocked it in the ride before, as I am just east of Treviso now in the challenge.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Guys, a quick update on gravel-gate...

I have had a couple of replies from Eric Schlange who runs zwiftinsider.com and he has been busy running tests on the jungle loop with all the different available wheelsets, including the tron bike. From what I've seen so far it looks like all the road wheels are performing pretty much consistently on the gravel sections - i.e they are all being affected equally, so although everyone will be slower than before, no one will be getting any advantage or being penalised. It may be that only the mountain bike wheels will have any advantages in the gravel or something. Need to wait until he's done all the tests but it's looking promising that we will at least be able to to race fairly on those courses with gravel as long as everyone is on the latest updated version of Zwift. Fingers crossed...

<Tommy>

You get the F8 when you do the Tour Italy challenge. When you reach Treviso (home of Pinarello) , it's unlocked, which explains why I rode it last week. Must have unlocked it in the ride before, as I am just east of Treviso now in the challenge.

I’m doing the tour of California challenge or something that sounds a bit like that. What do I get for that? A carrot and quinoa smoothie maybe... Thinking about it there’s probably a list of all the challenges and what you win somewhere?

I’ve got the tron bike for flatter stages so now what I really need is something with a rocket attached so I can keep up going up hill!

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I’m doing the tour of California challenge or something that sounds a bit like that. What do I get for that? A carrot and quinoa smoothie maybe... Thinking about it there’s probably a list of all the challenges and what you win somewhere?

I’ve got the tron bike for flatter stages so now what I really need is something with a rocket attached so I can keep up going up hill!
You get a Specialized S-Works Tarmac - your old IRL bike right?!

P. S just noticed you've changed your name, when did that happen?!

Last edited:

<Tommy>

You get a Specialized S-Works Tarmac - your old IRL bike right?!

P. S just noticed you've changed your name, when did that happen?!

ah ok cool. I actually still have the tarmac. It’s such a nice bike and it rides different to my newer one so I think I’ll keep it. I have it on the turbo atm which is a little crazy but hopefully that changes Friday.

I asked for a name change a few days ago when I noticed Brendan had done it.

<Tommy>

Probably around the time he found out, he was too slow to have "Turbo" in his name. :tongue:

^_^

There’s actually a story behind why I got that name from one of my friends. It was at a different time before I discovered the online racing or really had any interest in living healthy. But I thought at the time when I joined bike forums it would be funny to use it. Now I think plain old tommy suits me better :smile:

Top Bottom