Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
Cheers for invite, given the long lead in be interesting to see if we do get any fliers from the gun (spoiler, no chance I'm doing that)

Edit @peterob I've basically just copied what you said

bridgy

Legendary Member
Cheers @bridgy - invite received and accepted for tonight.

It looks like a long lead-in to the start line - I assume we'll all trundle along to it together?
Yes looks like about 2.6km lead in to the banner based on previous meetups on this course. And yes @peterob the plan will be to trundle along together until the banner and race from there.

Last edited:
3F328A8E-1405-4553-83D2-90E2F85EA47C.jpeg
at Last. Should get her tonight

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Not feeling great at moment and couldn’t get heart rate up. Pleased to stay with the fast boys for longer than usual but a lot of watching going on. Al went off twice then Pete went BOOM! Stopped at the volcano. I fancy another crack at it Thursday
Same here - I'm a good 20 watts down on where I was a few months ago. All I can think for me (assuming I have no bug) is as wifey has got worse, and I'm having to do a lot more physically with transfers etc, that my body is just more exhausted. Didn't think this would immpact my riding quite so much!

bridgy

Legendary Member
sorry boys , was caught sleeping and one stupid gear change later thought i had just dropped chain but mullered a jockey wheel :sad:
Ah hard luck mate - get it fixed for Thursday!

mjd1988

Guru
Eugh horrible ride. Stamina for more than a 40 mins race is not there at all.

Thanks to kicking the pedal instead of pedalling it after 5 mins i nearly fell off and lost the quick lads meaning I couldn't just sit in. Desperately tried and failed to hold Chris' wheel who was just rocketing uphill.

Glad I finished it, absolutely no chance of a Thursday rerun 😱

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well my final time was better than I expected - never felt really on it and struggled with twinges of cramp from halfway up the hill - thought I was going to seize up at any moment (the downsides of doing running I think). Somehow managed to catch Al on the descent and flat after the hill though - you must have not been at your best either?

Some good drafting together on the flats before the hill too - thanks guys!

1:00:45 for me please @peterob - we can use the Zwift insider verified segment

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Apologies.
One of my 'episodes' started coming on toward the top of the climb.
I thought I could ride through it on the decent but had to give up 11km out.
Ended up laying on the couch with my legs up. Everthing was calming down nicely until the cat jumped on my chest.
Really enjoyed the ride up until then, I was on the edge for a good part of it and then I fell off.
Next week can we all stay together nicely like last week and then kill ourselves in tge last 3km?:laugh:

AAAC 76C

Large Member
Well my final time was better than I expected - never felt really on it and struggled with twinges of cramp from halfway up the hill - thought I was going to seize up at any moment (the downsides of doing running I think). Somehow managed to catch Al on the descent and flat after the hill though - you must have not been at your best either?

Some good drafting together on the flats before the hill too - thanks guys!

1:00:45 for me please @peterob - we can use the Zwift insider verified segment
I used to get it the other way round when I was a youngen. Cramp when I ran!
Hopped half of a Basic Fitness Test one time.

Top Bottom