Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran
1:02:32 for me. Happy with that I think.

I think I was feeling better than I actually was when I went with Al the third time he jumped. It seemed a good idea at the time to see if we could work together, but it soon became apparent I didn't have it in me to do too much :laugh:. Lost the wheels at the start of the climb but was happy to pretty much keep going to the end.

I don't like these longer courses!

Del C

Veteran
Well wasn’t that a long old slog:ohmy:
Great ride @Del C i just can’t stay with you on the climbs mate
1.07.08 for me @peterob
Thanks Brendan.

We were going well again on the flats together. We were both up with the leading group until the last corner at the underground lake and then we both got caught in that group. Somebody must have kicked at the front and we both seemed to get caught in a sticky draft.

Suddenly there was a small gap and it was impossible to close......... and it quickly became a much bigger gap!

We rode together well until the volcano climb when @bobinski came back to us for while. I could see you behind me most of the way from there. I think the gap was really just down to the volcano climb.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Well my final time was better than I expected - never felt really on it and struggled with twinges of cramp from halfway up the hill - thought I was going to seize up at any moment (the downsides of doing running I think). Somehow managed to catch Al on the descent and flat after the hill though - you must have not been at your best either?

Some good drafting together on the flats before the hill too - thanks guys!

1:00:45 for me please @peterob - we can use the Zwift insider verified segment
I think I was feeling better than I actually was when I went with Al the third time he jumped. It seemed a good idea at the time to see if we could work together, but it soon became apparent I didn't have it in me to do too much :laugh:. Lost the wheels at the start of the climb but was happy to pretty much keep going to the end.

Good racing tonight guys. Really enjoyed the first half. Great to see you with me @peterob on the attack. I was hoping the others would hesitate and give us time to build up a better lead before the volcano but we were reeled in quickly.
I gave it full gas up the hill...zone 5 all the way. At one point I was ETA to be on for the KOM jersey but someone ahead of me put an end to that hope. Zwift was showing I had almost 60 seconds lead on the descent but mY legs were spent and @bridgy quickly closed the gap by the second climb.
1:00:35 for me.:okay:

Del C

Veteran
If you’re waiting for sympathy, you may have a long wait... Probably not going to hear “oh you poor dude living the high life is so tough...”
Fair point! :laugh:

But I can really recommend Seville. Nice city. Great food!!

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Usually I'm racing at the back all on my own:sad: so it was nice to race with a fellow Cat D rider for a change.
We helped each other all the way to the finish and our times are below.
Thanks Lee enjoyed your company and especially helping me up the climbs!^_^
It was great having someone there to push me on - thanks @Marino.g I definitely wouldn’t have put the effort in that I did riding on my own. In fact, I got an FTP increase!

6957D388-4535-434B-993B-F31FF7148C0F.jpeg

Del C

Veteran
The real test is if Tommy gives you even one point because he tried to use the same excuse himself Post Las Vegas.
I'm sure @<Tommy> will understand the stress 3 days in Seville puts on your body just before a race!

He'll probably insist I take 2 minutes off my time!!

Personally, I thought his Las Vegas excuse was the finest and most justified excuse I've seen this year. :laugh:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Here's the early league after the Stage 2 results last night. @bridgy making the early running after a strong ride again last night.

Don't think I'll be doing that stage again on Thursday 😅
View attachment 492765
Well, @IrishAl hasn't yet done stage 1 and @<Tommy> and @berty bassett haven't set a time for stage two so it could be a bit of a false position, but I'll take it for now! When you went up the road with Al last night Pete I thought you were going to do a repeat of stage 1 - but thankfully the longer distance of this stage meant I could claw you back this time! I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on you on shorter sharper stages though :okay:

peterob

Veteran
Well, @IrishAl hasn't yet done stage 1 and @<Tommy> and @berty bassett haven't set a time for stage two so it could be a bit of a false position, but I'll take it for now! When you went up the road with Al last night Pete I thought you were going to do a repeat of stage 1 - but thankfully the longer distance of this stage meant I could claw you back this time! I'll definitely be keeping a close eye on you on shorter sharper stages though :okay:
Yeah...I certainly seem to do better on the shorter stages. Don't seem to have the stamina for the longer ones at the moment.

I certainly felt last night's ride in the legs on my commute this morning. Was happy with last nights performance though - it feels like I'm getting back to my pre-injury levels.

A nice short and flat TT next week then @bridgy? :biggrin:

Top Bottom