Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Just catching up on posts on here over the weekend - blimey all this talk of carefully structured training plans! I'm sure there's good science backing a lot of this up, but personally I'm really not sure how many 2 hour zone 2 rides I can cope with doing on the turbo! There has to be a balance between doing the training properly and just having fun (and distraction) for me - I had intended to do some kind of zone 2 ride on Sunday but I ended up going mountain biking instead which was more like a high intensity interval session - but it was great fun! Maybe one day I'll be discplined enough to try a proper training plan for a few weeks - but not yet!

You keep doing what you are doing matey. Works for you and even if more structured training would improve your already excellent fitness -well, we would rather you didn’t 😁

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Press "A" to go to pairing screen and you'll immediately come to a stop. Press "OK" to go out of pairing screen, then "T" to go to garage where you can change frames. Start pedaling again and return to the race. If you're slick, should take 15-20 seconds for each change (N.B the mountain bike is over a minute quicker than a road bike round the jungle loop @300 watts with 75kg rider)
I always forget about the 'A' to stop the bike.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Press "A" to go to pairing screen and you'll immediately come to a stop. Press "OK" to go out of pairing screen, then "T" to go to garage where you can change frames. Start pedaling again and return to the race. If you're slick, should take 15-20 seconds for each change (N.B the mountain bike is over a minute quicker than a road bike round the jungle loop @300 watts with 75kg rider)

I don’t think you can do it that quickly on apple tv unless there’s a short cut I don’t know about.

Whorty

@Freelanderuk I'll look out for you on the ride but it's a big field. I may have eaten my lunch too late, so hoping I don't vom on the climb xx( Good luck mate and see you back on here after the pain!!

steverob

Guru
I did the press "A" trick to stop my bike in order to change in Innsbruck, but I did it on the short steep bit as you approach the motorway bridge before starting the climb, so it didn't even have to brake that much to bring me to a complete stop, as I was already going quite slowly. Strava has me as being stopped for 23 seconds, but if you include the time spent braking and the time for me to spin back up to speed, it looks like I lost about 31 seconds overall compared to my rivals (based on the segment comparison tool). Having said that, it wasn't exactly the slickest of changes, as I temporarily forgot which frame and which set of wheels were my lightest ones and had to search for them!

JuhaL

Guru
I did my first ramp test today and my ftp is now 230w. So that is the point where i start to build my "performance". It was pretty much what i expected, so no disappointment. Next few weeks show how trainer road workouts work for me, if it does then my goal is lift up my ftp to 250w.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I did the press "A" trick to stop my bike in order to change in Innsbruck, but I did it on the short steep bit as you approach the motorway bridge before starting the climb, so it didn't even have to brake that much to bring me to a complete stop, as I was already going quite slowly. Strava has me as being stopped for 23 seconds, but if you include the time spent braking and the time for me to spin back up to speed, it looks like I lost about 31 seconds overall compared to my rivals (based on the segment comparison tool). Having said that, it wasn't exactly the slickest of changes, as I temporarily forgot which frame and which set of wheels were my lightest ones and had to search for them!
Thanks @steverob - proves the point that it's borderline worth it, and probably only if you get the change done nice and quickly! If I was to do it on TDZ stage 3 I would probably start with the Tron bike, and change to the mountain bike for the gravel, and then back to the Tron bike again - so no faffing about with wheel changes etc. because neither of those bikes have different wheel options anyway. So hopefully less opportunity for muck-ups!

JuhaL

Guru
1:21:16 stage 3 TdZ, PB up the little hill , the jungle section zapped my legs

I saw your message Carl but I was blowing placed at 175 and no way could I type
My cellphone zapped me out of the Velocity group ride today. I was text the messages to group and i didn't noticed that i have drift wrong side of a fence, so accident was happened irreparably :blush:. I almost stop riding when i suddenly noticed that 1 big bunch of zapped riders catch me and i join the group to finished 1-hour ride. There was about 50 zapped riders.

Whorty

1:21:16 stage 3 TdZ, PB up the little hill , the jungle section zapped my legs

I saw your message Carl but I was blowing placed at 175 and no way could I type
ha ha, no probs. Wasn't sure where you was and never saw you again so couldn't tell if you was up ahead, or behind. I had a surprisingly good ride; I got myself into a small group of 3 going up out of the jungle (after the bridge). We stayed together til the end, picking up 4 for riders along the way and we were all willing to work so we had some good speed.

Whorty

Thanks @steverob - proves the point that it's borderline worth it, and probably only if you get the change done nice and quickly! If I was to do it on TDZ stage 3 I would probably start with the Tron bike, and change to the mountain bike for the gravel, and then back to the Tron bike again - so no faffing about with wheel changes etc. because neither of those bikes have different wheel options anyway. So hopefully less opportunity for muck-ups!
I practiced the bike swapping before the ride today, to see how slick I could get. I recon I was doing it in 20 seconds (excluding the time to get back up to speed again). But ... and this made the decision for me in the race, I was in a group of about 15 going down into the jungle and I just couldn't force myself to stop and change bikes when I was travelling at 50 kph.

Top Bottom