Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I’ve never had a bike fit done so can’t say. I’ve always just done my own set up. My TT position isn’t good at the moment so I’ve bought new bars with the spacers under the elbow pads and got one of those saddles with the nose cut off.
View attachment 502070 View attachment 502071
not the best angles / photos but my knees are almost hitting my elbows and I’m sitting on the end of the saddle. The new handle bars will lift my elbows up a bit and whilst I’ll not be as low I m hoping the position will be more comfortable and safer.

Without risking to say, teaching you to suck eggs:biggrin:

With your power, weight, I would of thought you'd be a 20-21min 10TT rider. I reckon(compared to latest TT position s in the Professional arena) there are improvements in aero position.

The 'accepted' better aero is for the fore arms to be around 15-25 degrees elevated. Im ordering some new extensions to lift my arms, my Planet X came with your setup. Just look at Tri TT setups.

It all depends on comfort too, if you're able to sustain position and power

If you check out Ollie in GCN going for the hour Merckx attempt. Interesting what the first few adjustments they did to his setup

View: https://youtu.be/KY_yX6JAV_g

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
@45:41 stage 4 / 8am GMT @peterob
25th on stage
Happy Sunday everyone!!

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Shoes? Helmet? Water bottle holder?

I really like the bottle cages I have at the moment. But... I do have another set on the way which are slightly lighter so I’m going to give them a try. Helmet, I have one that fits me really well and they don’t very often! So I think I’ll probably stick with what I have. Shoes? There is a lighter set of shoes from specialized which is the brand that seems to fit me best. I’m not sure...

<Tommy>

So if you're taking the bolt to Ventoux, what mount are you using? (bit confused now!)

I’m not sure....

There’s a bit of a weight penalty for the roam. But using it recently I really appreciate the larger numbers on the screen. It is genuinely a lot easier to see. But the weight is noticeable. So if I were to take the bolt to France I’d want to get another mount made that wasn’t quite as long as the one I just got

Currently have Fizik Antares which I do find pretty comfortable - Fizik saddles are really pricey once you get to the top of the range though

They are pricey. But relatively speaking I think saddles and pedals are maybe the cheapest place to lose a couple of hundred grams. I think it just depends how high your tolerance levels are.

<Tommy>

Tommy, Time lost over weight saved :whistle:

😁

I prefer to measure in smiles gained 😁. This is just a hobby project for my entertainment really. Maybe my next bike I just focus totally on aero over weight and go in that direction. Although my lightest wheels are also great for climbing becusue they’re so stiff so that helps. I don’t expect it to make a massive difference. But there is a difference between 6.5 and 8kg. Lighter bikes do feel more snappy when you’re climbing.

55:22 sat at my ftp for s4.

Managed to sit in a nice group to the bottom of the first ascent but was only in a group of 3 that slowly grew on the way back to the start. They dropped me whilst I was having a drink so I had a lonely 3 miles sat in 30 secs of nobody. The group behind caught me so had about a mile in a quick group. 2nd ascent was more about grit than anything else. Didnt quite make sub 55 but that may have been because de Kock got out in the test match!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
55:22 sat at my ftp for s4.

Managed to sit in a nice group to the bottom of the first ascent but was only in a group of 3 that slowly grew on the way back to the start. They dropped me whilst I was having a drink so I had a lonely 3 miles sat in 30 secs of nobody. The group behind caught me so had about a mile in a quick group. 2nd ascent was more about grit than anything else. Didnt quite make sub 55 but that may have been because de Kock got out in the test match!
I'm watching the cricket too .... but I'm a lot less sweaty sat on my sofa :biggrin:

<Tommy>

@45:41 stage 4 / 8am GMT @peterob
25th on stage
Happy Sunday everyone!!

How are you finding the neo Al? Reading what you said the other day about how rigid it was compared to the bkool reminded how nice the side to side was on bkool pro. I went from the bkool to a Wattbike atom which has no movement at all and I think it’s what messed one of my knees up.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
How are you finding the neo Al? Reading what you said the other day about how rigid it was compared to the bkool reminded how nice the side to side was on bkool pro. I went from the bkool to a Wattbike atom which has no movement at all and I think it’s what messed one of my knees up.

yeah I’m enjoying it Tommy. I’m contemplating building a rocker plate using the style that @CXRAndy shared but I can imagine that will be a job for the summer months as I’ve a list of DIY jobs as long as yer arm having move house recently.

Im using the Neo as my power source now for Zwift. I’ve dual recorded the last couple of rides now so I plan some analysis to compare against the Assioma pedals but early rides it was 3 to 4 % lower. I’ve oiled the chain late last week - prior to that i had given the drivetrain a deep clean but hadn’t got round to lubing it - so today’s Bologna event will be my comparator. Some drivertrain loss would be expected but I didn’t think it would be as much as 4% especially when you see DC Rainmaker or GP lama test rides but ho hum.

Whatever the result the Neo will be my power source for Zwift as that only seems fairer...I’ve read quite a lot of people still use their crank or pedal based PM whilst riding their Neo just because the Neo is a bit lower and they don’t like the fact. The Zwift race team Fusion for example enforce dual recording for their race events but if you look at most of their riders they race on neos but have their PM as the power source. Ultimately it would be good for Zwift to level the playing field by applying a requirement for riders to inform what trainer they are using and what power meter is being used and then for Zwift to apply a fudge factor into their speed calculation based on known accuracy of power source.

Top Bottom